Steelers DL Cam Heyward having surgery on groin; To miss at least 8 weeks

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Feel like this may be Tomlin's final year in Pittsburgh 

Seriously doubt it....although I wouldn't complain.

Tomlin can probably go elsewhere and help a struggling franchise improve, but he hit the wall here a long time ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Seriously doubt it....although I wouldn't complain.

Tomlin can probably go elsewhere and help a struggling franchise improve, but he hit the wall here a long time ago.

Im not sure the Steelers problem is Tomlins coaching more than it is his inability to hire a good OC. Their leadership/defense is fine and its not like he has lost the locker room, but their offense in the past X amount of years has just not adapted well. I feel like the offense hasnt been a real threat since the last year of Ben/Brown/Bell and they have overall done a very pedestrian job with offensive personnel since those 'killer Bs' days (OL included).

Could be wrong, but thats just a outsider looking ins POV.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not sure the Steelers problem is Tomlins coaching more than it is his inability to hire a good OC. Their leadership/defense is fine and its not like he has lost the locker room, but their offense in the past X amount of years has just not adapted well. I feel like the offense hasnt been a real threat since the last year of Ben/Brown/Bell and they have overall done a very pedestrian job with offensive personnel since those 'killer Bs' days (OL included).

You are 100% spot on with the offense. I say the last offense that looked NFL caliber was in 2018, and even that one had some major flaws in how it ran. Take away a prime AB from the unit and it's probably a mess too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, August4th said:

You are 100% spot on with the offense. I say the last offense that looked NFL caliber was in 2018, and even that one had some major flaws in how it ran. Take away a prime AB from the unit and it's probably a mess too.

Indeed, and it think it starts with moving on from Harris and getting a more explosive ground game behind Pickett. The 3 yards and a cloud of dust run style that worked 5-10 years ago just isnt what successful modern day offenses use anymore. There needs to be a homerun hitter who can rip off chunks, not pieces. Just my 2 🪙

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why can't they hire a good OC?  The common denominator in all of it is Tomlin and Art Rooney II.

52 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Why can't they hire a good OC?  The common denominator in all of it is Tomlin and Art Rooney II.

It will hit them in the face what they need to do if their offense performs like they did in week 1 all year. If they are going to fire Tomlin because of the offensive woes, then you think he would make a major change eventually if he knows his job is on the line because of the offense.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can we just appreciate how insane NFL players are at recovering for a second? After my wrist surgery, I couldn't even move my wrist 30 degrees in one direction for 2 months. They're saying he could be playing FOOTBALL again in 2 months. Just incredible man. I am also made of glass so there's that.

I remember Terrell Owens coming back from a major injury in Philly that had me go WTF?!? Oxygen deprivation chambers and probably a lot of scripted healing agents. I think Ray Lewis did that his last season too. Come back when there seemed like no way back in the day. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can we just appreciate how insane NFL players are at recovering for a second? After my wrist surgery, I couldn't even move my wrist 30 degrees in one direction for 2 months. They're saying he could be playing FOOTBALL again in 2 months. Just incredible man. I am also made of glass so there's that.

49ers WR Ray Ray McCloud broke his wrist in early August, and was slated to miss up to eight weeks. But then he's out there ready to go week 1 against the Steelers. Pretty remarkable. And of course there is Glock13 himself, who many thought wouldn't even play this season for a while. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

49ers WR Ray Ray McCloud broke his wrist in early August, and was slated to miss up to eight weeks. But then he's out there ready to go week 1 against the Steelers. Pretty remarkable. And of course there is Glock13 himself, who many thought wouldn't even play this season for a while. 

And he's a receiver. That's wild.