• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

10 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Now he’s starting to fit the mold of a Cowboys player.

As soon as I heard the news I said his stock will fall and this is a player Dallas will take a flyer on.

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

As I said, I wouldn’t be against it, per se, but it would come with reservations. You and I saw a lot more of Penix than most people on this board, so we know what he’s capable of at QB. The concern that many (rightfully) have is the injury history, now limited athleticism, and him being a bit older than some of the other prospects. If he’s well protected, then he’ll be fine, but he’s not a guy who can elevate an entire team on his own. He’s good, but not elite in that respect.

I just want to tune into NYFDB's livestream.

4 hours ago, Northland said:

As soon as I heard the news I said his stock will fall and this is a player Dallas will take a flyer on.

I’m a fan of any talented NT, but that will come as a surprise to a grand total of no one given my general obsession with d-line and o-line.

18 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m a fan of any talented NT, but that will come as a surprise to a grand total of no one given my general obsession with d-line and o-line.

He's very talented.  I'd talk to him and the police and find out what happened. Sometimes we think nothing will ever happen to us. We all make mistakes.  

1 hour ago, Northland said:

He's very talented.  I'd talk to him and the police and find out what happened. Sometimes we think nothing will ever happen to us. We all make mistakes.  

So apparently Sweat is quite the partier. It came out in several interviews during combine and 30 visits that he parties often. He has not denied it. 

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-ncaa-news-tvondre-sweat-breaks-his-promise-made-to-nfl-teams-after-being-arrested-for-dwi/

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

So apparently Sweat is quite the partier. It came out in several interviews during combine and 30 visits that he parties often. He has not denied it. 

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-ncaa-news-tvondre-sweat-breaks-his-promise-made-to-nfl-teams-after-being-arrested-for-dwi/

I'd still talk to him.  This incident obviously won't help his draft stock but someone is going to get a heck of a bargain.

Working my way through the tackles…

Kingsley Suamataia has been wildly under-discussed as an option at #24.

If you say Alt, Fuaga, Fautanu, and Fashanu are all pipe dreams, I agree. After them, I’m in on Mims. But after that?

Latham and Guyton are really RTs, Morgan is really a guard. Give me Kingsley. A true LT, young, all the measurables, and so much promise on tape. Get him in with Duke Manyweather immediately. Prosper.

Wasn’t there another idiot player that got a DUI right before the draft and the Cowboys took him anyway? Oh yeah… Dak. Sweat will be a Cowboy

Edited by DaBoys

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Wasn’t there another idiot player that got a DUI right before the draft and the Cowboys took him anyway? Oh yeah… Dak. Sweat will be a Cowboy

How has he compared with the other QB’s in that draft class ? Who wound you have taken instead?? 

5 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

How has he compared with the other QB’s in that draft class ? Who wound you have taken instead?? 

Two guys from that class have SB rings and one was in the NFCC game last season. 2nd NFCC appearance in his career with two different teams. But good question 

43 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Two guys from that class have SB rings and one was in the NFCC game last season. 2nd NFCC appearance in his career with two different teams. But good question 

Jared Goff is one I believe and he was a top 5 pick ? Who the other ?