• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Whoever they draft. Graham or JPJ hopefully.

Your posts are not making sense. You believe LOT is more important now than center. If we draft LOT first who plays center?

Edited by TVScout

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Don’t love it, but don’t hate it either. Smith did well there as a rook. But, have to leave him alone now. Moves OG up the ladder as a priority.

Per Ernie the Cowboys fan’s sources. Haha

I’m sure Tyler Smith is the ace up our sleeve if we can’t draft an LT. But their visit list makes it pretty clear they are looking for one early.

If it does play out this way, I think you look for TJ Bass to be the starting LG. I wouldn’t expect they draft 2 starting interior OL.

58 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Which of these players would you abandon your draft plans for at #24? Assumptions, no trade back options, and no surprise OL available.

Brock Bowers   
Quinyon Mitchell   
Terrion Arnold   
Byron Murphy   
Dallas Turner   
Brian Thomas Jr.

It’s OL or bust for me, but if I had to pick one it would probably be Brian Thomas Jr. 

45 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

It’s OL or bust for me, but if I had to pick one it would probably be Brian Thomas Jr. 

I’m a for sure yes on Brock Bowers and Quinton Mitchell.

For Murphy and Turner, I’m probably a yes as well. Maybe not if Mims is still on the board.

Arnold I think I’m out on. I don’t think he’s particularly unique enough to justify it.

Brian Thomas would depend on the board and trade opportunities. But I’d take him rather than a guy like Guyton.

-

I want an OL as well. But the OL will stretch to day 2. Something like Tyler-Bass-Frazier-ZM-Steele is good enough for me in a pinch if it means I land someone special elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m a for sure yes on Brock Bowers and Quinton Mitchell.

Love Bowers but there’s not a snowflakes chance in hell we draft TE after spending a 2nd on one last year. Just to see him ride the pine and Ferguson finish 8th among TEs in receiving yards. I don’t think a single TE was brought in for a visit. If Bowers drops to our pick he will continue to drop. 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Which of these players would you abandon your draft plans for at #24? Assumptions, no trade back options, and no surprise OL available.

Brock Bowers   
Quinyon Mitchell   
Terrion Arnold   
Byron Murphy   
Dallas Turner   
Brian Thomas Jr.

Bowers or Thomas. I’m not sold on many of the defensive prospects this year. It’s really an offense heavy draft, save the RB position.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Love Bowers but there’s not a snowflakes chance in hell we draft TE after spending a 2nd on one last year. Just to see him ride the pine and Ferguson finish 8th among TEs in receiving yards. I don’t think a single TE was brought in for a visit. If Bowers drops to our pick he will continue to drop. 

We both know that Bowers is just a TE in title only. He’s really an oversized WR. IMO, using him in the offense along with Ferguson creates a number of complex mismatches across the middle, because it forces the Safeties to come up to cover to prevent the LB groups from being spread out too much. Just putting Bowers on the field would actually make our running game more effective. @Dallas94Ware, what are your thoughts on my assessment?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think you’re probably right they wouldn’t take him. But I would. Making a stupid pick last year doesn’t mean I pass on a difference maker at the same position this year.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think you’re probably right they wouldn’t take him. But I would. Making a stupid pick last year doesn’t mean I pass on a difference maker at the same position this year.

Exactly. You right the wrong and dump the mistake. Schoonmaker was a bad pick, pure and simple. We forced it because we telegraphed Dalton Kincaid from Day 1 and ished the bed the moment Buffalo jumped us to grab him.

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Exactly. You right the wrong and dump the mistake. Schoonmaker was a bad pick, pure and simple. We forced it because we telegraphed Dalton Kincaid from Day 1 and ished the bed the moment Buffalo jumped us to grab him.

We have video footage of the war room before Buffalo picked. They were debating Mazi vs. Bergeron long before that happened.

That doesn’t change the fact that Schoonmaker was an outrageous selection from the moment it was made.

I’m curious how everyone ranks the realistic offensive linemen? Assume Alt, Fuaga, Fautanu, Fashanu, Latham are off the board.

Would take at #24

1. Amarius Mims   
2. Graham Barton   
3. Kingsley Suamataia   
4. Jackson Powers-Johnson

Would take after a trade back from #34

5. Zach Frazier   
6. Tuler Guyton
7. Jordan Morgan

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m curious how everyone ranks the realistic offensive linemen? Assume Alt, Fuaga, Fautanu, Fashanu, Latham are off the board.

Would take at #24

1. Amarius Mims   
2. Graham Barton   
3. Kingsley Suamataia   
4. Jackson Powers-Johnson

Would take after a trade back from #34

5. Zach Frazier   
6. Tuler Guyton
7. Jordan Morgan

This is how I know we’re picking Guyton