A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Omg those plays are so gross. Watch 93, 95 and 97 get demolished by 2 guys on the 2nd one. Combined with us have 5 defenders to their 3 offensive left of center. 

Good God I could have picked those first downs up

So you're telling me the DC is supposed to know a team is going to run the ball to the side where they outnumber the defense by 2 or more players. 

This just pissed me off ever more than I was Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So you're telling me the DC is supposed to know a team is going to run the ball to the side where they outnumber the defense by 2 or more players. 

This just pissed me off ever more than I was Sunday. 

It's sad seeing how bad it was on TV angles. It was obviously bad pre snap from the nose bleed seats. My buddy and I successfully called 80% of their runs. It's just unfathomable how obvious it all was and still ended up looking like that...

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Omg those plays are so gross. Watch 93, 95 and 97 get demolished by 2 guys on the 2nd one. Combined with us have 5 defenders to their 3 offensive left of center. 

Good God I could have picked those first downs up

Those 3 have to play sneak, it's 4th and inches. By alignment the only player that can stop this play is Savage. It's just well schemed, quick snap with an unbalanced line in a league obsessed with the QB sneak right now. LaFleur probably stole this for Jones.  

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Those 3 have to play sneak, it's 4th and inches. By alignment the only player that can stop this play is Savage. It's just well schemed, quick snap with an unbalanced line in a league obsessed with the QB sneak right now. LaFleur probably stole this for Jones.  

Yes the key phrase here being "by alignment"

Just now, incognito_man said:

Yes the key phrase here being "by alignment"

That's the point of the quick snap. Don't let the defense know you're unbalanced. Tough play to stop either way, probably a "can" built in there if Quay shifts to the heavy alignment and Ridder just takes the snap and jumps over the line for a 1st. 

Plenty of reasons to be pissed by the D yesterday, these plays weren't one of them. Good scheming by Arthur Smith. It happens. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's the point of the quick snap. Don't let the defense know you're unbalanced. Tough play to stop either way, probably a "can" built in there if Quay shifts to the heavy alignment and Ridder just takes the snap and jumps over the line for a 1st. 

Plenty of reasons to be pissed by the D yesterday, these plays weren't one of them. Good scheming by Arthur Smith. It happens. 

Ray 100% got hacked by Joe Barry

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Be mad at this @incognito_man

https://x.com/Nate_Tice/status/1704153529190076732?s=20

I couldn't even tell you what this run fill is, except the "give up 10 yard special."

This is called a Joe Barry special. It's six on six in the box. The offense wins every time with a decent back. Barry does this **** all the time. It's death by 1000 cuts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

What's his face on good morning football was rocking his stache today. They must have shown him 900 times that damn broadcast too. 

He's not shaving until the Falcons lose, or Justin Fields looks like an NFL quarterback. His only hope is the Falcons lose. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

He's not shaving until they lose, or Justin Fields looks like an NFL quarterback. His only hope is the Falcons lose. 

I was still in the Fields maybe doesn't suck camp. Maybe. No he just sucks.

I turned on Dillon Sunday finally too. I don't get it but he's not good.

For Macready:

On 9/12/2023 at 7:40 PM, skibrett15 said:

The idea that ridder is gonna throw the ball at all is comical unless we score lots of points.

ATL is built to bulldoze the old packers team.  We'll see if this is the same ol packers D

On 9/13/2023 at 2:16 PM, skibrett15 said:

It's the atlanta falcons.  Game comes down to run fits and tackling

On 9/13/2023 at 2:17 PM, skibrett15 said:

Atlanta will pass the ball 14 times, and only 5 beyond 2 yards of the LOS if they are allowed to.

Up to GB to play sideline to sideline and make plays with their DBs against the run.  Atlanta will test the GB defense's weakest points - Safeties tackling and CBs tackling.

I fear they are not up to the task.

Bit distorted by the fact ATL ran 78 plays instead of their normal 50.