A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

If he would have done anything at all in those last two drives I might be there with you but right now I just don't see special.

He's definitely a step above guys like Fields in terms of pocket presence and decision making but I want to see more wow plays.

I'm just greedy and have extremely high standards when it comes to QB. The last place I want us to be stuck in is QB purgatory.

To me, you are being too critical of Love, and not critical enough on the play caller, LaFleur.

We should see the leash come off of Love sooner or later, then we will know if he can swim, or sink.

In regards to QB purgatory, prior to the Eagles game, we were in a worse situation last year.  Clearly Love has progressed from even that game.  I'll take the little wins we are seeing right now.  It is very much how Rodgers was when he was starting in his first year.  And that is just about as high a compliment as you can give Love.

21 hours ago, StatKing said:

He's been alright. I think it's safe to say at this point he isn't a bust. I just dont see anything special about him so far. Hopefully I'm wrong but everything so far tells me he's more of a Derek Carr than a Patrick Mahomes.

In 3 starts? I think we need to give him the better part of a year before we make any judgements. Agree he's been alright but he does lead the NFL in passer rating after 2 games.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

That's the point of the quick snap. Don't let the defense know you're unbalanced. Tough play to stop either way, probably a "can" built in there if Quay shifts to the heavy alignment and Ridder just takes the snap and jumps over the line for a 1st. 

Plenty of reasons to be pissed by the D yesterday, these plays weren't one of them. Good scheming by Arthur Smith. It happens. 

Good plays can happen on defense too, to stop potential good offensive plays 

If every "good" offensive schemed play worked against us, we'd give up 50pts a game. It's not an excuse. 

They need to be better. It happened more than once in the same game

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Good plays can happen on defense too, to stop potential good offensive plays 

If every "good" offensive schemed play worked against us, we'd give up 50pts a game. It's not an excuse. 

They need to be better. It happened more than once in the same game

Yes, watch Savage in both plays, very close to making one of those "good plays," probably would've had one of them if the play side CB even tried to hold an edge in either play. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes, watch Savage in both plays, very close to making one of those "good plays," probably would've had one of them if the play side CB even tried to hold an edge in either play. 

It was always going to be a day we needed our CBs to be physical. Barry should have replaced Jaire (assuming he's the guilty party) on running downs. Both because he's out best CB and he's kinda small so it's ok to protect him and because he's kinda small and is a liability in the run game vs ATL.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.ctfassets.net%2Fl8eoog2wur2i%2F1Wc9Gho0pruM8m986FPYII%2F9f69bd8523d569978ea1a480fa531a44%2FNeutralPassRateWeek2.png&w=3840&q=75
Gotta think this is OL related vs Atlanta.  Need to be at least up there with SF, preferably more in the 55% range

Trying to baby Jordan Love a bit too much early on in the season. If they had Aaron Jones available this past week, I'd get it, but they were better off having Love slinging it around vs continuing to give Dillon touches

27 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Oh no! We SUCK!

(What does Neutral Pass Rate mean?)

means the ratio of passes to runs in neutral passing situations (i.e. 1st and 2nd down, when leading or tied or not down big and not in the last 2 mins of a half)

So how often do they pass when it's a "running down"

43 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

means the ratio of passes to runs in neutral passing situations (i.e. 1st and 2nd down, when leading or tied or not down big and not in the last 2 mins of a half)

So how often do they pass when it's a "running down"

How does this compare to the previous 4bseasons through 2 games?  How do those numbers factor in Rodgers checking out of a run play to a pass play?