The Week 4 Thread: Top 10 Had Trouble, Actual Ranked Matchups This Week

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There wasn't a single site who had him as a 5* recruit much less top 10 one. I think by rankings he was the 3rd or 4th best WR in the OSU class that year.

Then he came out as a sophomore and was the best WR in college football week 1. It was credit to OSU for developing him.

Tbh I thought the Rose Bowl game as a freshman showed how much of a victim of depth he was behind Olave and Wilson once they sat out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Georgia is sleepwalking, Michigan has played a cupcake schedule but they've been the most consistent team, Texas aside from the first 3 quarters against Wyoming have been impressive, Florida State looks like frauds, Lincoln Riley can't get a DC who can coach defense, Ohio State looks like a HS offense, Washington, Notre Dame, and Oregon all look like potential threats.

Yeah, UM has been consistent and are 4-0 but they haven't covered the spread in a game all year so they certainly aren't exceeding expectations. We really won't know much until they face a strong team which will probably be game 10 against PSU.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

One major positive I’ve noticed-

We WANT our QB to take deep shots.

Notre Dame for some reason refuses to trust Hartman to take a deep shot.

I don’t think they have the receivers unless it’s a playaction shot they set up.

Egbuka is great but he really has to catch that, it was a perfect pass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He was underrated as a recruit no question but it's revisionist to say this was not a surprise to see him turn into slightly shorter Calvin Johnson.

I was agreeing with you and more or less just saying he might have been their best even as a freshman. He was also supposed to be behind Jameson Williams who transferred and is currently showing in Detroit that we weren’t just bitter fans and were absolutely right that he wasn’t that good/was clearly behind Wilson and Olave.

• Like 1