Week 3: VIKINGS (0-2) vs Chargers (0-2)

swede700

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

You must not remember “it can’t get any worse than Elflein”

I try to drink to block out the memory. At least Elflein doesn’t sack his own QB or force fumbles. I have never seen a linemen trip/step on their own qb more than Ingram… now as of week 1 he is forcing fumbles too. Move him to DL

On 9/18/2023 at 12:06 PM, JDBrocks said:

If not for that horse collar or the fumble he would've been well over 300 that game. It was the Bears game in week 5 where he went for over 200 and had over 100 return yards, and this game, where everyone knew that he was not only RB1/OROTY, but a generational talent. 

AP was absolutely electric in that game, well the second half at least.
Also had that Cromartie 108/109 yard missed field goal return TD.
My favorite Vikes game that I've ever been at.

The year before when they played Detroit at the dome was my first ever Vikes game and was a close second.
Down 17-3 going into the 4th quarter. Got a Travis Taylor TD, then next drive a Ben Leber fumble recovery for a TD, then later an EJ Henderson pick 6.
Went really quiet to start the 4th and some fans were emptying the stadium. Stayed til the end and it was absolutely rocking by then. Fun times!

• Like 1

The Chargers have developed a reputation over the years as a team that finds a way to make just enough mistakes to lose games that they are in position to win and the first two weeks of this season have done nothing to change that. Late game mistakes and defensive breakdowns have been hallmarks of Brandon Staley’s head coaching tenure and there have been plenty of both in losses to the Dolphins and Titans to kick off the year. 

James: “Definitely been frustrating. We haven’t gotten the results that we wanted, but we will keep working hard. We’re not panicking. We’re not quitting, you know, turning our back on each other.”

Herbert: “Panicking is never gonna fix anything. And so, you know, it’s up to us to be able to fix that as an offense and score more points. And you know, we believe in the defense, and sometimes we’re gonna score a bunch of points. Sometimes, we’re not, but it’s up to us as a team to play together.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chargers-stress-not-panicking-staying-together-after-0-2

for a team that's not panicking, they sure talk about panicking a lot....

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

The Chargers have developed a reputation over the years as a team that finds a way to make just enough mistakes to lose games that they are in position to win and the first two weeks of this season have done nothing to change that.

I was always told that was Marty Schottenheimer's fault.