Week 3: VIKINGS (0-2) vs Chargers (0-2)

swede700

Just now, JMG5 said:

Davenport has been made of glass his entire career. That's the main reason the Saints let him go. 

Yeah, after hearing that guy in an interview I kind of regret the Vikings signing him.  He does not come off as a super tough guy or a guy real committed to being great at football, just plays because he is big and athletic.   Maybe when he gets on the field he will show out just for the contract down the road.  

Chargers edge rusher Joey Bosa (hamstring) did not practice Thursday, a day after a limited practice. He injured his leg in Week 1 and missed two days of practice last week before returning to limited work last Friday. Bosa played only 19 of 65 snaps in the loss to the Titans.

Running back Austin Ekeler (ankle) remains out of practice after missing last week’s game with his injury.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/joey-bosa-downgraded-to-dnp-on-thursday

12 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

What? I'm guessing you are okay with him missing time at that salary, then? Who knew that was such a controversial take 😂

Sure! Let's just throw him out there to injure himself worse and for longer! That will be productive! 

There are some real legitimate beefs to be had with the front office. This one might be the dumbest of those beefs.

• Like 1

all the "analysts" are predicting a high scoring shootout.

a few minor variables in our favor:

Chargers are yet to play in US Bank Stadium.
Chargers have lost their two games this season by a total of six points, but have not had turnovers in those games.
Chargers' pass defense is the worst in the league.

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Sure! Let's just throw him out there to injure himself worse and for longer! That will be productive! 

There are some real legitimate beefs to be had with the front office. This one might be the dumbest of those beefs.

Dude, I'm not blaming the front office for this at all. The Davenport signing has sucked so far, that is undeniable. But it's okay to say that and not blame the front office. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think ideally by giving Davenport a 1 year deal would be a sort of test/prove it deal before giving him a longterm contract.

But he's facing his biggest challenge yet again, that being his own health.

I didn't care much for the signing but I'm hoping he can make an impact this season.

When he's healthy he's a good player. Consistent pressure and solid against the run.

• Like 1

Quarterback Kirk Cousins is off to a good start, despite the Vikings’ 0-2 record, and this game should present the veteran with an opportunity to put his arm on display. The Chargers are giving up an NFL-worst 438.5 yards per game and their pass defense is surrendering an average of 333 yards, also worst in the league, over the first two games.

This sets up as a potentially huge game for superstar wide receiver Justin Jefferson, but even if the Chargers contain Jefferson, they are likely to see rookie wide receiver Jordan Addison and tight end T.J. Hockenson take advantage of their porous pass defense.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/minnesota-vikings-los-angeles-chargers-jordan-addison-kirk-cousins-akayleb-evans-ivan-pace-jr/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2o_WZOlh6enRotTgVnAQ8BQ8YCf4hq8-9C5Kv0mJPx6zf4M8nmyCuNaJY

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It sounds like Darrisaw is good to go, while I wouldn't expect Bradbury (questionable) or Davenport (out) to play.

I think Davenport is kinda like my wife...a slow healer.  When she gets a bruise (like sometimes happens when she gets a shot), it'll be there for weeks...if she gets a cold, while most (like myself) will be better in a couple of days, hers will last for 5 days.