Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Who cares?
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Ojabo, $230 million, Baker, Davis, 3 1sts
    • Pessimists

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah we haven’t exactly played murder’s row when it comes to opposing offenses.

Bengals have been about it. But that was with an injured Burrow and in sloppy weather conditions. Plus even Joe Woods got this defense to play well against them.

Our defense has looked legit, no doubt, but we haven't had a true test yet.

• Like 1

I'll add, when our defense statistically finished top 5 or whatever in 2021, most of us knew we weren't that good. We just played against a bunch of bad QBs/offenses to end the year and that skewed our stats. It wasn't anything Woods was doing schematically.

But this defense definitely feels different. We just look extremely confident out there. We're playing aggressive yet disciplined defense.

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'll add, when our defense statistically finished top 5 or whatever in 2021, most of us knew we weren't that good. We just played against a bunch of bad QBs/offenses to end the year and that skewed our stats. It wasn't anything Woods was doing schematically.

But this defense definitely feels different. We just look extremely confident out there. We're playing aggressive yet disciplined defense.

The difference to me is the linebackers.

We’re using them the way New England traditionally has- You treat them like heat seeking rockets. 

The d-line and secondary has performed the way I expected. However, we are blitzing our linebackers and having them crash the offensive line.

Our DTs have been solid too.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

The difference to me is the linebackers.

We’re using them the way New England traditionally has- You treat them like heat seeking rockets. 

The d-line and secondary has performed the way I expected. However, we are blitzing our linebackers and having them crash the offensive line.

Our DTs have been solid too.

Agreed.

JOK is living up to his potential, but even Walker is playing well.

Tomlinson is earning his contract, but even a dude like Hurst has been playing well.

And what do you know - our CBs are playing well when they're allowed to play man coverage.

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If Schwartz wasn’t a proven bad HC he’d probably get 10 HC offers on the offseason for what he’s done with this team 

Part of the reason I liked the hire. A dude like Flores or Evero could very well get HC offers in the next year or two. Schwartz won't, so I knew we weren't going to need to replace him anytime soon if he worked out.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Part of the reason I liked the hire. A dude like Flores or Evero could very well get HC offers in the next year or two. Schwartz won't, so I knew we weren't going to need to replace him anytime soon if he worked out.

Yep we’re lucky with him and Callahan. Great at what they do with no fear of them leaving for a promotion 

• Like 1

I just wanted to congratulate the Dawg Pound on a big win yesterday.  In spite of the circumstance of losing Nick Chubb, I think your team played with passion, heart, and physicality. Despite being a rival, I am a respecter of hard-nosed football. There are some things that are bigger than rivalries and personal likes and opinions. The Browns are a physically tough football team. Period!

Last year we lost TJ Watt early and it affected our entire team tremendously, so I know firsthand the effect that losing a top-tier player and leader has on the morale of the team at the moment. Nick Chubb is a player who is loved and respected for his character and play. I pray nothing but the best for him and hope that he can come back and be all that he was before and more. 

Congrats again on a very good win and I look forward to competing with the Dawg Pound for the division title and beyond.  Respect.

• Like 8