The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. He's already taken some major hits in college which, in my opinion, ages him more than the other two. Cam Newton was a much better prospect who was built like a tank but refused to slide and it basically just ruined him. He went from a stud to a beaten down back up quickly. Jayden doesn't have the luxury of being built like Cam or Allen but he also refuses to slide just like them. He's not a good enough passer, regardless of what Logan Paulsen has tried to convince this fanbase, to not be able to use his legs and just sit back there and pick teams apart.  He's not as good of a passer as either Maye or Williams and he's 2 years older than both of them. 

I think the problem with Daniels is there's a shelf-life on him. He's too slight and the idea he can just add 25lbs of muscle is absurd. He's not going to be a 39-year old QB. I honestly don't even think he's going to be a 35-year old QB. I think he's RG3-lite but he does have major ability. I think he ends up being the best of the 3 in the beginning but in a year or two Williams and Maye both surpass him and Daniels ends up being a 15-20 type QB. 

I mean I understand that but we have no idea how he evolves. Russel never protected himself in college and come his pro tape just like Purdy all the sudden he has backside eyes in his head and slides and is a efficient scrambling runner who uses the legs when needed much like Mahomes running less each and every year. It’s mental and it’s on each player. Can I said year in and year out wasn’t developing as a passer. While Russ was. But the biggest difference is their ability to change their run style. Cam didn’t and broke down.

Jayden is too early too tell. He was selling out this year for the heisman and his team and players do that more when the stakes rise. It’s can they get out of it when they need to preserve is the million dollar question. But let’s be real preference always fallows opinion based on simularities playing in the league. Lamar fell because the last runners prior to him IE Cam, RG and Kaepernick all were flaming out or flamed out. Daniels is coming off a heisman as a runner and Lamar was MVP so he gets the benefit of the comp because it’s currently being maximized in leading example to how it can work. 

A guy I think looks like a pretty ideal fit for what we’ll probably end up doing on the OL is Christian Haynes from UConn. 

He’s a smaller OG, but he’s a great mover and he excels in the zone blocking type areas that I expect we’ll employ with Kingsbury and Lynn. Watching him against much better teams like Michigan and NC State was eye-opening, as he really showed just as well against them as he did against the weaker squads from their conference.

• Like 1

I think it’s a good thing having 5 picks in the top 100. There are cliffs in the rankings of player. There’s a cluster of 1st round grades. Then a drop. Then your second tier you have too about the 70’s then the drop off after about 105 for me is significant. That’s not to say later round guys won’t be valuable someone always pops up and proves worth I just think that this is a great class to maximize these 5 top 100 picks we need them personally I hope we add more and get future selections as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

A guy I think looks like a pretty ideal fit for what we’ll probably end up doing on the OL is Christian Haynes from UConn. 

He’s a smaller OG, but he’s a great mover and he excels in the zone blocking type areas that I expect we’ll employ with Kingsbury and Lynn. Watching him against much better teams like Michigan and NC State was eye-opening, as he really showed just as well against them as he did against the weaker squads from their conference.

I do wonder if we are going to be running the ZBS this year. My guess is yes given who our offensive staff but it's TBD. Who we sign and draft as guards in the coming mk this will be telling.

I honestly wonder if we should be thinking about trading back up into the 1st round.  Assuming we take a qb at #2, I would like another top 20 pick for an oline man.  Fuaga, for instance, isn't going to be there in the 2nd.  Is that crazy talk?

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I honestly wonder if we should be thinking about trading back up into the 1st round.  Assuming we take a qb at #2, I would like another top 20 pick for an oline man.  Fuaga, for instance, isn't going to be there in the 2nd.  Is that crazy talk?

I have been all about trading back up into the first but to do so for Bowers if he tumbles. I don't think he will so honestly I'd rather sit there with our two seconds and just pick whomever falls to us. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I have been all about trading back up into the first but to do so for Bowers if he tumbles. I don't think he will so honestly I'd rather sit there with our two seconds and just pick whomever falls to us. 

Bowers definitely going in top 10 though right?  That might be a hefty price.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I think Fuaga's stock is gonna rise closer to the top 10, but would think about it if he falls. There's a glut of OL in that late first round early 2nd round range. I'd maybe wait.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I think Fuaga's stock is gonna rise closer to the top 10, but would think about it if he falls. There's a glut of OL in that late first round early 2nd round range. I'd maybe wait.

I just hope we come away with Cooper Beebe. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Yeah I have Fuaga going Top 13

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I agree OL in the early 2nd. range for interior guys. All the top tackles are going in the first. I think we would be reaching in the early 2nd for a T. We could get 2 IOL studs in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I just hope we come away with Cooper Beebe. 

I like Cooper Beebe too but realistically I'm not sure they pick him. He's a big boy and they might want smaller lineman for their ZBS blocking scheme. That is if they run that type of scheme - I'm not too sure.