The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Louis does this every year. He finds his favorite player in the draft and then elevates them higher than better players. There is no planet in which Jayden Daniels is better than Caleb Williams and is far better than Maye. Its just absurd. He's been harping on how the Bears should stick with Fields which is insane. Louis Riddick is one of my favs in the biz but his QB evaluation has been pretty bad over the years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

To me in this year’s draft it seems that the offensive side of the ball are predominantly the stronger pool of players. IMO it’s a weak defensive class and would turn my attention to FA for defensive players. 
DE, CB, LB. 

No doubt about the offensive class being stronger. 

I think we’ve got probably 9 first round locks as defensive players. I’d say likely 4 CBs are locks (Mitchell, Arnold, Wiggins, Dejean), 3 EDGEs (Verse, Turner, Latu) and 2 DTs (Newton, Murphy). Then you’ve got a few other guys like Kool-Aid, Rakestraw, and the two Robinsons who are probably right there on the fringes. I’d be very surprised if there’s more than 13 coming off the board in the 1st.

And I’m with you…if all 13 of those guys do go in the 1st, it feels like it’s gonna be tricky to see a defensive player as BPA at 36 or 40. I like Trice, but what happened at the combine? 245 pounds? I’m not sold on Braswell for us — is he really the hyper-twitchy guy that Quinn will be looking for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

What an arm.  Hard not to fall in love with the measurables.  But likely a one read nfl qb.  We might be picking him up in a couple years and convert him to a TE.  

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Louis does this every year. He finds his favorite player in the draft and then elevates them higher than better players. There is no planet in which Jayden Daniels is better than Caleb Williams and is far better than Maye. Its just absurd. He's been harping on how the Bears should stick with Fields which is insane. Louis Riddick is one of my favs in the biz but his QB evaluation has been pretty bad over the years. 

Well it is not only Louis and it is even more.

Initially Drake Maye was qb that I have not seen a great deal of his games so I had to watch a lot of his games. I just don’t see the same things as I see in Williams and Daniels. He has a lot more!!!!!! consistency and accuracy from the pocket. He seems to have some problems processing info at times from the pocket so he has more issues than Williams and Daniels. First and fore most you have to process info from the pocket. Now the running around, moving around and extending the play is just extra gravy to me. But you have to process the info from the pocket first. This is one of the first things you do when evaluating a QB. He also has some delivery issues. He doesn’t drive the ball instead his pass are going down. Just look at the throw at the t 11:39 mark. Straight down into the ground. Now you may have a different opinion. I just see things different. It's okay different strokes for different folks. All in all what matters to me is that we get 2nd pick right and I don't think Maye is the right pick. I could wrong but right now I just don't see it especially when you look at the stats and the highlites. 

Edited by 4209

7 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Initially Drake Maye was qb that I have not seen a great deal of his games so I had to watch a lot of his games. I just don’t see the same things as I see in Williams and Daniels. He has a lot more!!!!!! consistency and accuracy from the pocket. He seems to have some problems processing info at times from the pocket so he has more issues than Williams and Daniels. First and fore most you have to process info from the pocket. Now the running around, moving around and extending the play is just extra gravy to me. But you have to process the info from the pocket first. This is one of the first things you do when evaluating a QB. He also has some delivery issues. He doesn’t drive the ball instead his pass are going down. Just look at the throw at the t 11:39 mark. Straight down into the ground. Now you may have a different opinion. I just see things different. It's okay different strokes for different folks. All in all what matters to me is that we get 2nd pick right and I don't think Maye is the right pick. I could wrong but right now I just don't see it especially when you look at the stats and the highlites. 

I'm lost - You say "he has a lot more" -Maye???--Then you say he's NOT the one , you don't see it .. 

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

Drake Maye doesn't drive the ball? And Daniels does lol. Come on man

I know we had some Jordan Morgan discussion earlier, but here's a direct rumor linked to us: 

https://walterfootball.com/nfl-hot-press-jordan-morgan-on-first-round-bubble.php

The 2024 NFL Draft is loaded at the offensive tackle position; it could be a legendary year for the amount of tackles who are selected on the opening night of the draft. One of the prospects who has a shot at going in Round 1 of the 2024 NFL Draft is Arizona left tackle Jordan Morgan. In speaking with sources at multiple teams, some have Morgan as a first-rounder, although others see him in Round 2.

Morgan put together good tape in 2023 coming off an ACL injury. Teams rave about his athleticism on the edge, but he has very short arms for a tackle at 32.88 inches. The teams that like him as a first-round option think he is very talented and has elite athletic ability. The sources that have him in the second round think Morgan is kind of soft and is not a finisher, plus they feel something is missing. Morgan helped himself at the Senior Bowl with a strong showing in the pass-rushing one-on-ones. In my latest 2024 NFL Mock Draft, I have Morgan going to the Packers.

Another team to keep an eye on late in the first round is the Detroit Lions. Taylor Decker is in the final year of his contract, while Detroit’s starting guards are hitting free agency. Morgan could start out at guard and eventually pair with All-Pro tackle Penei Sewell.

Two other teams who have some interest in Morgan are the New York Giants and Washington Commanders. Morgan is in play for both teams at the top of the second round, according to team contacts. Washington badly needs offensive tackle talent with some long-term answers. The Giants want to improve their line, and if they draft a tackle, they could move struggling right tackle Evan Neal inside to guard. Both teams also have two second-round picks, so either franchise could move back into the first round to land Morgan to help improve its leaky offensive line. Morgan is 30th-rated overall on my latest 2024 NFL Draft Big Board, so he is right on the bubble between the first two nights of the draft.

Morgan is aided by there being plenty of teams in need of offensive line help and him playing a premium position while possessing rare athleticism. For going in the first-round, one director of player personnel said, “It all depends on when the run on tackles starts.” Multiple offensive tackles going in the top half of the first round would help Morgan because teams see him on the bubble between Days 1 and 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft.

Overall #2, Starting to think it'll be Maye- Streotypical size, arm and speed too. Maybe they can coach him up ! None of the top 3 are sure fire picks in my book .  We'd have to be blown outta the water to trade down . !

Edited by RSkinGM

Almost everything I’m reading they’re saying that Washington’s pick at 2 will be D. Maye because they’re very high on him. If that’s the case all well and good. I just don’t believe that someone leaked that information unless they wanted that out there on purpose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Almost everything I’m reading they’re saying that Washington’s pick at 2 will be D. Maye because they’re very high on him. If that’s the case all well and good. I just don’t believe that someone leaked that information unless they wanted that out there on purpose. 

I just don't think the league is as high on Daniels as the draft nerds are. He's just so skinny. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don't think the league is as high on Daniels as the draft nerds are. He's just so skinny. 

Randall Cunningham. pretty good Q B , 6'4" 215 lbs