The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I honestly could see us doing what Shanny did in 2012, now that Howell is gone, and draft a QB at 2 and another guy in later rounds. 

Could be exactly like the Shanny year.  So we get the QB who Harris and Meyers wanted based on their qb interviews and then the QB Peters really wants in the 2nd round?  :)

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Could be exactly like the Shanny year.  So we get the QB who Harris and Meyers wanted based on their qb interviews and then the QB Peters really wants in the 2nd round?  :)

I'd prefer Jordan Travis in the 4th or wherever the deem his draft position to be. 

If we use a 1st and 2nd on QB, I'd be pretty disappointed. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'd prefer Jordan Travis in the 4th or wherever the deem his draft position to be. 

If we use a 1st and 2nd on QB, I'd be pretty disappointed. 

I honestly think that is a totally sensible move especially since now we only have 1 qb on our roster.  If they like a developmental guy like Travis or Slovis or Milton or someone of like that on day 3, we should grab him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I honestly think that is a totally sensible move especially since now we only have 1 qb on our roster.  If they like a developmental guy like Travis or Slovis or Milton or someone of like that on day 3, we should grab him.  

If they go Daniels I would def select Milton. Not just for QB I believe if nothing else come year 3 he has real TE ability.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If they go Daniels I would def select Milton. Not just for QB I believe if nothing else come year 3 he has real TE ability.

I like that plan because he is obviously going to end up a tight end, but my guess is that he is in denial for a couple years.  We can cross train him in that time.

If Bowers starts to slide we have the ammo to go up and get him. I absolutely think they should. If you can come away with Drake Maye and Brock Bowers day one that's pretty incredible. 

Ian Rapoport 

A Draft Trade!!

The #Vikings and #Texans have agreed to terms on a major deal in advance of the draft, per me and @TomPelissero, landing Minnesota another 1. 

— Minnesota gets No. 23 and No. 232.
— Houston gets No. 42, 188 and a 2025 2nd rounder. 

MIN moves up, HOU collects.

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport 

A Draft Trade!!

The #Vikings and #Texans have agreed to terms on a major deal in advance of the draft, per me and @TomPelissero, landing Minnesota another 1. 

I like Minn in this one . I think they did well .

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport 

A Draft Trade!!

Horrible value for Houston IMO. Dropped 19 spots and out of the 1st. That 2025 2nd could be pretty high though. 

Edited by Slappy Mc

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So now Minny has the draft cap to give us for #2 . I'll take both #1's ( 11 and 23 ) and a second and next years #1 . 

I don't think they have a 2nd this year anymore. 

To me it sounds like whoever they wanted to trade up with said "we want two 1sts this year" and they were like, we will figure it out. 

I'd almost bank on the Giants at 5 unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

To me it sounds like whoever they wanted to trade up with said "we want two 1sts this year" and they were like, we will figure it out. 

I think they have pick 42. They traded a 2025 #2. Pick 5 is out of the money for them . They need our #2.

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Chargers are at 5. 

23 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So now Minny has the draft cap to give us for #2 . I'll take both #1's ( 11 and 23 ) and a second and next years #1 . 

They didn't trade Howell away to then trade back from 2 lol