2. New England  3-10

3. Arizona  3-10

4. Washington  4-9

5. Giants  4-8

6. Tennessee  4-8

7. Chicago  5-8

8. Jets  5-8

Let’s go G-MEN! and TITANS!

The awful losses to the Giants will probably help us secure the 4th overall pick in the end. 

I sure hope we do the right thing and take Bowers, Fashanu if he’s available or Alt.

We need to build this team up - especially the OL - around Howell and then see what we have in Howell IMO. He’s flashed enough where he may be enough to be the guy in a year or two.

Our OL & parts of our D just aren’t enough for this team to win right now. I hope that changes next year & then Howell plays more consistently while we’re a playoff contender or more.

I think it's gonna be real hard to mess up our draft pick this year. This isn't a situation where we were suckered into believing we had a generational overrated Edge rusher prospect that we *HAD* to take. Any one of the OTs I'm fine with and even QB Jayden Daniels.  TE Brock Bowers is fine too but I'm not sure you take a TE on a rebuilding team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I think it's gonna be real hard to mess up our draft pick this year. This isn't a situation where we were suckered into believing we had a generational overrated Edge rusher prospect that we *HAD* to take. Any one of the OTs I'm fine with and even QB Jayden Daniels.  TE Brock Bowers is fine too but I'm not sure you take a TE on a rebuilding team. 

Look, that’s so easy to say in December the year before the next draft but talk to me in 3 or 4 years. There is 100% a chance that the QBs don’t work out or one of the OTs and/or they get hurt & that diminishes their ability.

And as much as MHJ & Bowers seems like sure things everyone thought not only was Chase a sure thing in 2020 but also that Isaiah Simmons was and how has that worked out?

The draft will forever be a crap shoot no matter how much everyone thinks players are sure fire/generational type players and of course any of them can get hurt at anytime just like RG3.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Look, that’s so easy to say in December the year before the next draft but talk to me in 3 or 4 years. There is 100% a chance that the QBs don’t work out or one of the OTs and/or they get hurt & that diminishes their ability.

And as much as MHJ & Bowers seems like sure things everyone thought not only was Chase a sure thing in 2020 but also that Isaiah Simmons was and how has that worked out?

The draft will forever be a crap shoot no matter how much everyone thinks players are sure fire/generational type players and of course any of them can get hurt at anytime just like RG3.

I'm just saying we are in a good spot to be drafting top 5 this year. I'm well aware that the draft is a crap shoot. Chase Young was only a sure thing based on hype. 

Just now, taylor made said:

I'm just saying we are in a good spot to be drafting top 5 this year. I'm well aware that the draft is a crap shoot. Chase Young was only a sure thing based on hype. 

That’s not true about Chase. Why do you even need to bring him into this conversation? 

Chase’s sophomore & junior seasons at Ohio State he combined for 27 sacks & 35.5 tackles for loss. 

He was not all hype. It just hasn’t worked out since in his rookie year in his pro career in large part bc of his knee injury.

52 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I saw that the NFL salary cap is expected to be over $240 mil next year so we could have over $100 mil in cap space.

Man, Rivera is going to be bummed. Imagine all the back ups he could've signed with $100M in cap space

• Like 3

5 hours ago, taylor made said:

I agree , and I think Chicago will end up keeping fields. Think there’s a good chance we are going to end up with Mayes or Williams. As much as I feel Howell has played decent , new regime gonna want there own guy and with 100 million in cap space will fill in some needs . Hopefully Josh Allen/ or Burns can be available to replace Sweat.

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Is it a bad system? Or were we just bad at it?

The Steelers, Ravens, and Pats have been using it with consistently excellent results for the last 20 years or so. Seems to be working okay for the Vikings in making that transition this year. 

The appeal is that we presently have zero players who can’t fit a 3-4 scheme, and I think the holes that exist — specifically the EDGE positions and at least one off-ball spot — are easier to fill if we’re trying to add traditional 3-4 personnel.

Harder to find the right personnel.  The personnel pool is smaller.  Hard to maintain the personnel.  And it is often unattractive to the best players.  Like a player who is the best NT, truly doesn't want to play NT as generally that job just means you are trying to take on blocks for everyone else.  The OLB/DE who can rush the passer, generally prefer to just be DEs.  etc.

To your point, if only 3 out of 32 teams are consistently doing it, isn't that an argument against it?