The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

33 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Sm Darnold was traded for like 3 draft picks including a 2nd rounder. Josh Rosen was traded for a 2nd rounder. Fields is easily worth a 2nd and probably a late first or a 2nd plus a 3rd type value. 

I personally don’t want Fields though I don’t think he’s an nfl starter talent.

I 100% agree. He is a 24 year old QB, on his rookie deal, with starting experience and has shown some potential. Someone will trade more than a 2nd for him. I just don't want it to be us.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Sm Darnold was traded for like 3 draft picks including a 2nd rounder. Josh Rosen was traded for a 2nd rounder. Fields is easily worth a 2nd and probably a late first or a 2nd plus a 3rd type value. 

I personally don’t want Fields though I don’t think he’s an nfl starter talent.

Maybe your right, it is hard for me to see it.  But a counterpoint would be Trey Lance.  He was traded for a 4th round pick and they got him earlier on his contract.  The 49ers paid a lot more draft capital for him originally than any of these other guys cost.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I'm just preparing myself for a Jayden Daniels pick. I just don't see anyway a new regime sticks with Howell and they can sell Daniels as an exciting prospect. It just seems like that's what's coming. 

Same even though I won't like the pick, I'll accept it & hope I'm wrong about him.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'm just preparing myself for a Jayden Daniels pick. I just don't see anyway a new regime sticks with Howell and they can sell Daniels as an exciting prospect. It just seems like that's what's coming. 

Could be but what about the what if's. There is to many of them (what if's). Case in point what about if someone is so impress with Daniels and trade up to get him before our pick or what if some one offer us a package that we can't refuse.  Just have to wait and see what the new coach and GM new approach will be first then go from there but I do understand your thinking. 

• Like 1

if Jayden can bulk up 10-15 pounds before the combine, he becomes an exciting prospect. But if he comes in looking like Emmanuel Forbes and around 200 pounds, that's a concern. Jayden has the most potential to improve this team with his selection. However, he is a boom or bust prospect and could be Lamar Jackson or Trey Lance. 

Edited by taylor made

Getting that loss checked off the Christmas list means that Bears vs. Cardinals is one of the more important non-Washington games for us in recent memory. A Cardinals win moves us up to #3, and it also probably bumps us up at least a few slots in the early 2nd as well. 

I think being at #3 is critical for us, because it vastly increases the chances we might be able to move up to 1. If CHI is going to stick with Fields, they will absolutely want to give him MHJ as a weapon. If the Pats are at 2, then it’s a pretty safe bet they could still get MHJ at our 3rd pick.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

I was just thinking there's no way this team can select LT Joe Alt if he really is 6 foot 8" with intentions of playing a 6 foot 0.5" Sam Howell QB in the future. 

I would draft Alt 10/10 times. Same with Fashanu. I think they will be studs in the NFL. Fix the O-Line and the rest can be patch-worked until the full fix.

I would draft Alt or Fashanu over MHJr. Hot take I know.

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Getting that loss checked off the Christmas list means that Bears vs. Cardinals is one of the more important non-Washington games for us in recent memory. A Cardinals win moves us up to #3, and it also probably bumps us up at least a few slots in the early 2nd as well. 

I think being at #3 is critical for us, because it vastly increases the chances we might be able to move up to 1. If CHI is going to stick with Fields, they will absolutely want to give him MHJ as a weapon. If the Pats are at 2, then it’s a pretty safe bet they could still get MHJ at our 3rd pick.

If the Cards win they will have the same record as us. Don't they have the higher pick since we beat them?

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Excited to see how we ruin Maye or Williams! 

Bro Sam Howell isn't ruined. We gotta continue to see the context of the season as a whole. We got a lot of tape on Sam Howell and the new staff will evaluate everything. Also, depending on who they get for a staff, who knows what could happen with a top draft pick QB.

These are the lumps that we have to take in the transition. For all the crap we put up with having Snyder as an owner, these next 3 years will be a cake walk. This season hasn't helped anyone, but once the staff is gone and we officially start the Josh Harris chapter, this team could give us something to cheer for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taylor made said:

if Jayden can bulk up 10-15 pounds before the combine, he becomes an exciting prospect. But if he comes in looking like Emmanuel Forbes and around 200 pounds, that's a concern. Jayden has the most potential to improve this team with his selection. However, he is a boom or bust prospect and could be Lamar Jackson or Trey Lance. 

Because of how Daniels runs the ball & when he throws his receivers are mostly wide open he reminds me of RG3.

Lamar Jackson & Michael Vick are in a league of their own as running Qbs. They are like running backs who throw the ball.

Daniels is built like RG3 aka a mid-distance track star/WR and not as big and strong as most QBs. His weight/build with how much he relies on his legs is a concern for me as it was for me when we drafted RG3 in 2012 with him.

Edited by turtle28