The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

21 minutes ago, 4209 said:

I would even for Williams. How about you Maye suppporters

Ya I think I'd have to take that. Just take Marvin Harrison Jr. roll with Howell for another year and load up the roster. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya I think I'd have to take that. Just take Marvin Harrison Jr. roll with Howell for another year and load up the roster. 

Would Bowers be considered here? I sure would!!! I believe he and MHJ are graded very similar. And while I want Colston Loveland there’s nothing to guarantee that in the future. Bowers is the best TE prospect ever. If Pitts can go top 4 I believe you have to consider Bowers here. Especially with the WR’s you can get round 2 and 3 after going OL twice in the second. Bowers I believe upgrades this team more overall then Harrison and it isn’t by much it’s just in the difference their position effects the team overall

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Would Bowers be considered here? I sure would!!! I believe he and MHJ are graded very similar. And while I want Colston Loveland there’s nothing to guarantee that in the future. Bowers is the best TE prospect ever. If Pitts can go top 4 I believe you have to consider Bowers here. Especially with the WR’s you can get round 2 and 3 after going OL twice in the second. Bowers I believe upgrades this team more overall then Harrison and it isn’t by much it’s just in the difference their position effects the team overall

Bowers at 3 seems high to me but I think Adam Peters would consider it given what he had in Kittle, he knows how important it is to have an elite pass catching TE is for a young QB.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Bowers at 3 seems high to me but I think Adam Peters would consider it given what he had in Kittle, he knows how important it is to have an elite pass catching TE is for a young QB.

I believe it’s the most impactful bargain position in the game!! If you have a special TE you look at teams who have really dangerous offenses they generally have that dude at TE. They are hard to find and it’s hard to be great with everything asked of them. But adding a Bowers and the impact he can have mixed with the long term financials your going to allocate to him I believe that is going to end up costing 60 million less over 10 years in cap ramification then Harrison while giving you a similar impact on the field. Every year I say without a TE we aren’t building an element we can dictate gameplan against a defense with. And year after year we have kept ignoring the position. 

35 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I don’t agree with Bowers being the same prospect as MHJ. I would turn in the card for MHJ and not think twice about it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t agree with Bowers being the same prospect as MHJ. I would turn in the card for MHJ and not think twice about it. 

And in doing that isn’t that very similar to what we did in picking Chase? No Terry and Jahan haven’t done anything to keep me from picking MHJ because you can use either later to reclaim picks as they all feast and produce together so I love Marvin. But look at the grades for this WR class. Harrison is def special there’s no denying that!!! But how far off is Rome? How far off is Worley? WR is a premium expense. Look at what Jefferson and Chase will get. Yes I love Harrison I’d make that pick no questions. But I don’t agree that what Bowers has done not only in the SEC which has never even come close by any other college TE he also did it without Stroud and Fields and a pretty talented Freshman this year. It happens every year TE never get the pub. But this dude is a different animal from anything that’s ever come out at that position.

I only present these questions because these are what we should all hope our FO is doing every year for the draft!! It’s not argument it’s about constructively coming to a consensus about the best thing for this team and coming together and making a unified decision to best maximize the cap and growth of this franchise.

Edited by ripsean21

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And in doing that isn’t that very similar to what we did in picking Chase? No Terry and Jahan haven’t done anything to keep me from picking MHJ because you can use either later to reclaim picks as they all feast and produce together so I love Marvin. But look at the grades for this WR class. Harrison is def special there’s no denying that!!! But how far off is Rome? How far off is Worley? WR is a premium expense. Look at what Jefferson and Chase will get. Yes I love Harrison I’d make that pick no questions. But I don’t agree that what Bowers has done not only in the SEC which has never even come close by any other college TE he also did it without Stroud and Fields and a pretty talented Freshman this year. It happens every year TE never get the pub. But this dude is a different animal from anything that’s ever come out at that position.

I only present these questions because these are what we should all hope our FO is doing every year for the draft!! It’s not argument it’s about constructively coming to a consensus about the best thing for this team and coming together and making a unified decision to best maximize the cap and growth of this franchise.

Also, a lot depends on FA. Maybe we sign a FA WR to play opposite Terry & move Jahan to slot. If you do that, you’re likely not considering MHJ at 2 when there’s 2 QBs worth taking.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Also, a lot depends on FA. Maybe we sign a FA WR to play opposite Terry & move Jahan to slot. If you do that, you’re likely not considering MHJ at 2 when there’s 2 QBs worth taking.

Completely agree. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Like I said, there is also a benefit to expanding the talent around the QB by trading off 2, and that also allows you to do a complete culture reset and bring in a QB once that is all settled.  Of course, there are pros and cons to the QB being there for that reset.  

• Like 2

A month and a half until the combine. And I better hope to see Drake Maye out there running and doing the drills. I'm in his camp at the moment, but he has to show up with good size and a fast forty. NFLdraftbuzz.com has him running a 4.6 forty at 6'4". He might be more like 6'3" and that would be very disappointing. He's shifty in pocket. Everyone is saying Justin Herbert but Herbert is a giant at 6'6". Their face and demeanor are oddly similar though. I see more of a Philip Rivers on the field. 

• Like 1