Week 3 GDT: Raiders vs. Steelers - Waitin' all day for a Sunday Night

big_palooka

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

in below zero weather in Pittsburgh with the playoffs on the line. Jimmy did this at home in perfect conditions with more weapons against the same defense missing Cameron Heyward

I mean he was bad in the 2 games at SoFi last season too. Either way we're not winning with him or Jimmy and certainly not with McDaniels at the helm.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Do you remember when I mentioned during the off-season after the draft that McDaniels was getting all of those weapons to make sure he took care of his side of the ball to justify him being a bad play caller? I think I remember you agreed with me back then.

I do.  I was shocked during his 1st offseason that he completely neglected the D and Oline.  He once again neglected both this offseason only to litter the roster with trash WR's.  He is about as clueless as they come.  

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Trade all 3 and spend the next 2 years loading up and actually building a base. 

All 3 are wasted assets here. 

The only one I would keep is Maxx.  He is young and in his prime.  JJ is young but RB's get worn out quickly and Adams is still a stud but is one the wrong side of 30 which means he will waste the remainder of his career on a dumpster fire that will be a bottom feeding team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I do.  I was shocked during his 1st offseason that he completely neglected the D and Oline.  He once again neglected both this offseason only to litter the roster with trash WR's.  He is about as clueless as they come.  

And they got all those offensive resources to kick field goals when the game is on the line. Life is different when you don't have Tom Brady. I bet mcdaniels would've went for it on that fourth down if we had him. 

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

And they got all those offensive resources to kick field goals when the game is on the line. Life is different when you don't have Tom Brady. I bet mcdaniels would've went for it on that forth down if we had him. 

I agree.  Anyone who watches football knows who Jimmy G is. 

It's once aging obvious his own HC doesn't trust him just like KS didn't.  I really have no clue what JM is doing here bringing in his own QB and shows on primetime that he has zero confidence in him.  Not only does he not trust Jimmy G but he trusts our bottom 3 D more than Jimmy.  They both suck but at least give the bum a chance ot win the game.

Just now, FloydFan said:

I think Maxx is the only one you hold. Trade the rest. Maxx is young enough to still be our foundation piece. 

I want to keep Maxx, but we need soooo many assets on both sides of the ball that it just becomes a volume deal for me. 

JJ isn't gonna get us anything. Adams might net a few. But Crosby is really the only real asset that we have that could return any value by moving, imo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I want to keep Maxx, but we need soooo many assets on both sides of the ball that it just becomes a volume deal for me. 

JJ isn't gonna get us anything. Adams might net a few. But Crosby is really the only real asset that we have that could return any value by moving, imo. 

Ugh I get it and I absolutely see the logic but we have been trading proven assets or letting them go for nothing for years now and I just think with Maxx I want to Buck that trend, keep him, and build around him. I just want a different approach. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  Anyone who watches football knows who Jimmy G is. 

It's once aging obvious his own HC doesn't trust him just like KS didn't.  I really have no clue what JM is doing here bringing in his own QB and shows on primetime that he has zero confidence in him.  Not only does he not trust Jimmy G but he trusts our bottom 3 D more than Jimmy.  They both suck but at least give the bum a chance ot win the game.

For me it's bigger than that. He also had the rushing leader from last year one of the receiving leaders from last year

An $11 million receiver

A $15 million receiver

The third round draft pick speedster

Second round draft pick TE

And he still can't score more than 18 points

Edited by Jeremy408

39 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

For me it's bigger than that. He also had the rushing leader from last year one of the receiving leaders from last year

An $11 million receiver

A $15 million receiver

The third round draft pick speedster

Second round draft pick TE

And he still can't score more than 18 points

Just doesn’t make sense. We should be putting up 30 a game but we have no running game and Renfrow might as well stay home.

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m with everybody else. How can you not go for it on 4th down on the goal line? Even if you didn’t get it you have them pinned deep in their own territory with 3 TO’s. Horrific coaching decision. 

What’s the point of kicking a FG at all?  We were down 8.  Even with a FG you need another TD.

For a guy with “Genius” in his nickname it’s rather odd to think he believes it’s more likely that we’d:

Kick the FG, the defense gets a 3 and out and we get the ball back somewhere around 50-75 yards from the end zone, and with 10-25 seconds left we score a TD.  

versus

pick up a 4th and 4 inside the ten yard line and score a subsequent TD and get a 2pt conversion (which we had already done earlier in the game).