Falcons

Panthers

Saints

Losers of Watson Trade

Browns

Baker Mayfield

Browns fans

Other players looking for fully guarantied deals

Mayfield has the tampa bay in the playoffs at a 8.5 salary so Tampa is a winner.

Another loser the nfc south because they have 2 teams in the playoffs 

Just now, roger murdock said:

Baker got screwed and we traded him to a horrible situation and hes on a deal well below his level. 

Are you ok.

The biggest thing is let's say tampa bay signs Mayfield again

Then draft

Emeka egbuka

Tyler nubin s Minnesota 

Then trade up

Marcellus dial turn him into a fs from the get go.

This probably yields the top defense in the nfc plus a top 5 receiving core

With a qb way below average salary. 

Ok below 32 Mayfield haters come up and rip me apart I have plenty of time to sit here in debate.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, Baker is a below average starter in the league. He is who he is 6 years into his career.

Baker has been dealt the worst starting hand in the history of the NFL

Pre Baker: 1-31

Year 1 and 2: Hue  Jackson -> Freddie Kitchens - two of the worst head coaches in NFL history

Year 3: Good year under Stefanski 

Year 4: Injured all season

Year 5: Dealt late camp to a truly awful team

Year 6: On a team with no OL that Tom Brady stunk on last year and playing pretty well

His circumstances in years 2, 4, and 5 were ridiculous. 

Hes had 8 offensive coordinators in 6 years which is an NFL record. He joined the worst team in NFL history. He was drafted by the worst professional sports organization in the Big 4. 

5 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Baker has been dealt the worst starting hand in the history of the NFL

Pre Baker: 1-31

Year 1 and 2: Hue  Jackson -> Freddie Kitchens - two of the worst head coaches in NFL history

Year 3: Good year under Stefanski 

Year 4: Injured all season

Year 5: Dealt late camp to a truly awful team

Year 6: On a team with no OL that Tom Brady stunk on last year and playing pretty well

His circumstances in years 2, 4, and 5 were ridiculous. 

Hes had 8 offensive coordinators in 6 years which is an NFL record. He joined the worst team in NFL history. He was drafted by the worst professional sports organization in the Big 4. 

I’m aware of all this. It doesn’t change who he is, which is a guy who wasn’t good enough to contend for a championship. It’s that simple.

• Like 1

…..if it really gets worse I could see us doing a Brock Osweiller / Houston scenario where we dump Watsons contract + draft picks to get rid of his money. There will always be teams with money that are rebuilding.

Berry would undoubtedly have to have been fired by that point.

Edited by candyman93

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

…..if it really gets worse I could see us doing a Brock Osweiller / Houston scenario where we dump Watsons contract + draft picks to get rid of his money. There will always be teams with money that are rebuilding.

Berry would undoubtedly have to have been fired by that point.

Problem is, the guaranteed salary. A team can't trade for him and get out of the guaranteed $138 million over the next 3 years.

It would help if he would play and play well but then we wouldn't trade him.

There is almost no way to move on from him until his final year. We'd have to give up a lot for a team to take him if he is struggling, multiple 1sts. That isn't going to look good for anyone in the organization.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’m aware of all this. It doesn’t change who he is, which is a guy who wasn’t good enough to contend for a championship. It’s that simple.

He isn't a guy who looks good no matter what the circumstances are around him, which means he isn't an all time great which is what the hope was.

He can certainly be a serviceable starter in the league and I think we'd be doing great right now with him (doing okay with PJ) but he isn't the golden child.