Deshaun Watson

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, you got me. Looks like I'm no better than you attacking someone unprompted. Yep, exact same scenario.

Obviously this is going nowhere and you are perfectly fine with communicating your way so I'll say I took the L and you can continue your journey of doing whatever it is that you're doing to try to get to whatever place you are going.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Oh, you got me. Looks like I'm no better than you attacking someone unprompted. Yep, exact same scenario.

Obviously this is going nowhere and you are perfectly fine with communicating your way so I'll say I took the L and you can continue your journey of doing whatever it is that you're doing to try to get to whatever place you are going.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

…it is literally easier to just say nothing.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

…seem like a reason to bring drama. Most of us don't want drama, life has enough of it.

Watson is going to get some respect from fantasy player evaluation, but on his 4 TD's in the last 2 real games, 3 were on completely blown coverage where the receiver was all alone, and one was a lucky bounce. I'm happy to see him not turn it over today, and I'm also happy to see that he was on point with his deep throws, but I am not happy about his inability to quickly move through the progression. He seems to go from his primary receiver to either running around or straight to his check down. He also has had so many ugly balls on really easy passes. Either way, he brings more to the table than PJ Walker and there's a chance he continues to improve. I liked Stefanski running basically everything out of the shotgun for him today. 

Watson looked meh against the Cardinals.  When you can't see if guys are open or not, it's difficult to understand if the check downs, or scrammbles from the pocket are necessary.  The two deep balls that were completed were beautiful passes, but unless that's what we see consistently, then it won't be good enough against elite teams.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Watson looked meh against the Cardinals.  When you can't see if guys are open or not, it's difficult to understand if the check downs, or scrammbles from the pocket are necessary.  The two deep balls that were completed were beautiful passes, but unless that's what we see consistently, then it won't be good enough against elite teams.

I know some won’t want to hear it but if you’ve been injured for a month and a half and unable to throw and play, I’m sure there’s SOME rust and things are moving just a bit quicker than they would otherwise.

I don’t think he played great, but it wasn’t awful.  He made some big plays, didn’t turn it over and did plenty to win.

I do agree he needs to take a step or two forward to be as effective over the next couple weeks.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know some won’t want to hear it but if you’ve been injured for a month and a half and unable to throw and play, I’m sure there’s SOME rust and things are moving just a bit quicker than they would otherwise.

I don’t think he played great, but it wasn’t awful.  He made some big plays, didn’t turn it over and did plenty to win.

I do agree he needs to take a step or two forward to be as effective over the next couple weeks.

He looked better as the game progressed but right now he’s missing too many layup throws 10 or under and holding the ball too long. If he cleans that up he will be fine. If not, welp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

He looked better as the game progressed but right now he’s missing too many layup throws 10 or under and holding the ball too long. If he cleans that up he will be fine. If not, welp.

I’m curious to see how Hudson is gonna hold up at LT.  Should be interesting to say the least.

I know Wills was everyone’s favorite whipping boy, at his play isn’t without issue, but he’s an average LT that we now have to replace.

If Deshaun wants to hold the ball and hunt for splash plays, he’s gonna need decent protection to do so.

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m curious to see how Hudson is gonna hold up at LT.  Should be interesting to say the least.

I know Wills was everyone’s favorite whipping boy, at his play isn’t without issue, but he’s an average LT that we now have to replace.

If Deshaun wants to hold the ball and hunt for splash plays, he’s gonna need decent protection to do so.

I still stand by my belief that DeWand might be LTOTF and Hudson is a decent RT option.

But who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's not just the rust that concerns me!  Is he really hampered by the shoulder injury, or not?  I am not gonna make any excuses for him, but I would like to know if this is a pain tolerance thing, or will this require off season surgery to clean up?  He was able to throw those deep balls accurately, so that's a good sign.  Some of the underneath stuff was not very accurate, and that will not bode well moving forward.

27 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It's not just the rust that concerns me!  Is he really hampered by the shoulder injury, or not?  I am not gonna make any excuses for him, but I would like to know if this is a pain tolerance thing, or will this require off season surgery to clean up?  He was able to throw those deep balls accurately, so that's a good sign.  Some of the underneath stuff was not very accurate, and that will not bode well moving forward.

Generally speaking if you can sling it deep like he did yesterday it’s not a shoulder issue.  The underneath stuff looked like timing issues imo.

On one of the throws that was wildly off his back foot slipped.  Some of the throws weren’t great, but were catchable, like the one on 4th down to Akins.

Idk, after weeks of PJ he looked like prime Montana comparatively.

I know y’all don’t like Watson 

but damn the hate here is kinda surprising after a blow out win 

he didn’t look amazing yesterday but it was definitely a solid step forward. 

He’s definitely still got alot to prove but I don’t get the negativity in here. It’s more negative then when we went 1-15 and 0-16. 

Y’all should enjoy this quality football instead of finding reasons to be negative. We’re 5-3 you’d think we were 2-6

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I know y’all don’t like Watson 

but damn the hate here is kinda surprising after a blow out win 

he didn’t look amazing yesterday but it was definitely a solid step forward. 

He’s definitely still got alot to prove but I don’t get the negativity in here. It’s more negative then when we went 1-15 and 0-16. 

Y’all should enjoy this quality football instead of finding reasons to be negative. We’re 5-3 you’d think we were 2-6

It’s really wild how dead this place is after an absolutely dominating win.

It only ever gets busy after a loss when people want to complain more. 

Bur yeah, 5-3 with 3 starting QBs this season and the number one defense in the league and the negativity is almost unreal.  People are to the point of complaining about stuff that might happen at this point.

• Like 1