Week 3 NFL general discussion

Blackstar12

23 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so do the browns and 49ers have the best defences in the league?

I'd still have the cowboys up there. One game doesn't change that. We will see how they respond, especially against the run. They definitely have a point of emphasis to work on. 

The 49ers got worked for 34 points, 365 paying yards, 29 first downs and 7.6 yards per play be Jarrett Stidham last year

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Chiefs vs Jets NBC next week, meanwhile Jets/Bills in the 1 pm slot. NFL got some terrible luck with some of these primetime games. 

Obviously couldn't predict the Rodgers injury.

But the NFL has no one but themselves to blame for them having the Giants in so many primetime games.

• Like 1

Despite being a blowout, the Texans/Jaguars game lived up to my anticipation. Maybe it's because I'm excited for Ryans and C.J. Stroud potentially getting the franchise back on the map, and this was a well-earned road win. Maybe it's because I still believe in the direction of the Jaguars even after getting thrashed at home. Would be great if both of these teams are battling for the AFC South crown down the stretch. C. J. Stroud especially looks like he sees the field so well. Has a lot of conviction on his throws without having to step into a lot of them. Houston has a legit chance to turn it around. 

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

If the Jets end up with Cousins (I have no idea whether it's even feasible) they could be really interesting to watch. With Wilson they've gotta get flexed out of literally every game.

Still blows my mind that dude went second overall.

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Despite being a blowout, the Texans/Jaguars game lived up to my anticipation. Maybe it's because I'm excited for Ryans and C.J. Stroud potentially getting the franchise back on the map, and this was a well-earned road win. Maybe it's because I still believe in the direction of the Jaguars even after getting thrashed at home. Would be great if both of these teams are battling for the AFC South crown down the stretch. C. J. Stroud especially looks like he sees the field so well. Has a lot of conviction on his throws without having to step into a lot of them. Houston has a legit chance to turn it around. 

I said it at the time and I'll say it again - Carolina should have taken Stroud first overall.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's because for my entire life Cowboys fans have liked to run their mouths, talk about how they won so many Super Bowls (like 30 years ago now), and yet in that entire time span they've been next to irrelevant on the field.

Cowboys fans talk a lot of smack when the team is nothing but Ls. It's annoying. It's grating. I don't hate the Cowboys. I hate a large portion of their fanbase. It's similar to why people dislike the Yankees, or the Lakers. But those teams have had success over the years even if in the Yankees case, not as much.

Lmao yes let’s hate a fanbase for having hopeful. As if it’s any different than any other fanbase. It’s just bs related to their popularity and the brainwashing by media outlets that have nothing better to talk about. Trust me, they l-o-v-e what happened today and they’ve been chomping at the bit to have the opportunity because there are a ton of fans such as you that will eat it up.

Edited by NoFlyZone

47 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so do the browns and 49ers have the best defences in the league?

Top 5 based off the first 3 weeks I would think is some mix of Browns, 49ers, Cowboys, Bills, Chiefs. Pats and Jets have been good but have had some really tough opponents. Saints have been consistent but against pretty poor opponents.

45 minutes ago, lancerman said:

So screeching at half the forum over the Cowboys taking some lumps is how you engage in what you believe to be intelligent conversation? Interesting. 

Like I said, take a chill pill.

I’m chill. You’re the one inferring something negative. It’s not my fault that it was impossible to know your level of sincerity in a space where people actually engage in sincere conversations about football.. in a forum about football. Imagine that. Maybe if you can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen? It’s not like I’m giving you a scathing review.. maybe take a chill pill yourself. I’m just here to talk about football.

Edited by NoFlyZone