Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

2 minutes ago, BarnettOSU said:

I think this game was proof that we are still a year or two out from really competing with how young this team is. Excited to see what progress they can make in year two or three of Loves tenure. 

Agree.  This will be a year where they learn from hard experience, and we get to see who can stack success at their position.

After listing to Andy this morning I'm guessing he reads this forums posts. He calls this team soft and finesse on both sides of the line.

He's right, we don't have the personal to complete with physical team's like Philly, Detroit, SF etc. 

This defense is built to play with the lead where team's have to throw the ball to win. 

But if team's get up 3 scores and they don't have to throw the ball because they can run the ball for 6 yards on first down, this personal can't cut it. 

We're too light up front to handle big mauling Olinemen. Wooden and Brooks are penetrators not short yardage defenders. Why in the heck are they in there in goal line defense? 

On the offensive side I think they need a change of philosophy when drafting OL personal. Forget Ras, get me some big uglies  who can dig people out of there. 

JRJ, Myers and Hanson were playing on roller skates the entire game. They were getting bull rushed into Love almost every snap. Too light and finesse. Looks like we only care about a pass protecting OL, but these guys stink at both.

Seems like we haven't learned anything from the SF butt kickings over the years.  We've been getting punched in the mouth by physical team's since 2013.

• Like 1