Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If they get the #1 pick Caleb Williams or Drake Maye would be wise to refuse to go to Chicago.  Pull an Eli Manning and find yourself a better landing spot.  They are literally an organization where QB's go to die.

Would be quite a storyline if that were literally true

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Caleb Williams dad is heavily involved in his kids career and has made statements saying that Caleb will stay in school if it's not the right team fit in the NFL.  I don't think they want to go to the Bears.

What's to say the '25 draft will change their perception?  I'm not sure he's the best player in this coming draft, he very well may be NOT the best QB prospect.  Maybe not even 2nd.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

What's to say the '25 draft will change their perception?  I'm not sure he's the best player in this coming draft, he very well may be NOT the best QB prospect.  Maybe not even 2nd.

Caleb Williams is very, very apparently the best player in this draft. QB or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

Not even close, but I realize not in the majority.

We shall see in April, and I do believe he will be available no mater what his dad says. 

Caleb Williams goes #1 unless God himself comes down from the heavens and declares himself eligible for the draft. 

This, of course, brushes off any tomfoolery about whoever is picking #1 and Williams not deciding to play there. Regardless, Williams is QB1 without hesitation. The rest of the group is struggling to pick up his jockstrap right now.

10 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Not even close, but I realize not in the majority.

We shall see in April, and I do believe he will be available no mater what his dad says. 

Caleb Williams is in the absolute elite tier of QB prospects ever. 

And there would be plenty of people who say he’s the best. 

As much as I don't like the Bears, I will root against a player that says he won't play for them.  Just the same as I have rooted against a lot of guys that wouldn't play for the Packers in the past, or Eli, or John Elway.  I think it is a bull**** attitude to have.  If you are that ******* good, make the rest of the team good.