Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We're 2-1 with a first year starting quarterback and a chance to take control of division on Thursday Night. Every one of us would have taken this start at the begging of the year. 

I'm not ready to attribute a lot of Love's perceived 'flaws,' until he gets his horses all on the field and his receivers have enough experience to run the right routes and know what the right adjustments are. 

He may never have Rodgers' accuracy, guess what, nobody does, but the kid has the IT factor. You can see it. 

He doesn't need Aaron's accuracy he needs regular NFL accuracy.

You can be clutch and not good enough to be an NFL quarterback.

If he's not hitting above 60% of his passes by the end of the year, that's not anybody's definition of IT.

Do people legitimately not understand that point? Mathematically it is impossible to regularly win if you're relying on constant second and long, third and long and not hitting deep. His completion percentage is 53. Once again I am being the realistic one while everybody else is thinking I'm being unreasonable.

53% will never, ever, ever be good enough at QB. Neither will 6.8 YPA.

Gardner Minshew was at 60% and 7.0 YPA in his rookie year.
Josh Rosen was at 56%.

I have acknowledged it's a small sample size. It is. If he picks that up and gets closer to 63% yeah, he's got it.

But if we're at the end of the year and he's sitting at 50-58% and below 7.1 YPA, that is literally every indication of a slow decline to below average at the QB position.

This is not unreasonable, this is not hyperbole, this is not sarcasm, this is not my usual tongue-in-cheek trolling. That's a very legitimate concern.

Jordan Love is 33rd in the NFL in completion percentage. And that's all quarterbacks, no receivers or running backs throwing the ball.
He's 16th in YPA. That one's not as scary.

But to sit there and act like I'm the unreasonable one when Love is literally last among starting quarterbacks in completion percentage is some legitimate pod people thinking.

Dude is on his third start throwing to: Doubs, Reed, Musgrave, and Wicks, with extremely raw backups on the OL.

It is honestly absurd to me how anyone could nitpick his completion % when he's this inexperienced and he's throwing to the least experienced group of WRs and TEs I have literally ever watched in my entire life.  You are picking at his numbers there like he's an established vet throwing to a regular receiving cast when he so obviously is not. You watch all the drops and miscommunications the first three weeks and you literally blame it all on the QB.  Completely ignoring how many passes that hit guys in the hands only to fall incomplete.

Online fans can be really weird.  It's like you want Love to suck so you can be smug on the internet about it, I literally have no other explanation for this kind of over the top nitpicking on a QB in his third start.  Bears fans would bust a collective nut if Fields played even one damn game as good as Love has but there's a portion of our fans who are desperate to act like he's already dog water. It's fascinating to see a teams own fans intentionally ignore any and all context to **** on their own QB for not being perfect after his third start.

It honestly makes me avoid this place entirely.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, MacReady said:

If he's not hitting above 60% of his passes by the end of the year, that's not anybody's definition of IT.

Do people legitimately not understand that point? Mathematically it is impossible to regularly win if you're relying on constant second and long, third and long and not hitting deep. His completion percentage is 53. Once again I am being the realistic one while everybody else is thinking I'm being unreasonable.

Josh Rosen was at 56%.

I have acknowledged it's a small sample size. It is. If he picks that up and gets closer to 63% yeah, he's got it.

But if we're at the end of the year and he's sitting at 50-58% and below 7.1 YPA, that is literally every indication of a slow decline to below average at the QB position.

This is not unreasonable, this is not hyperbole, this is not sarcasm, this is not my usual tongue-in-cheek trolling. That's a very legitimate concern.

Jordan Love is 33rd in the NFL in completion percentage. And that's all quarterbacks, no receivers or running backs throwing the ball.

But to sit there and act like I'm the unreasonable one when Love is literally last among starting quarterbacks in completion percentage is some legitimate pod people thinking.

You need to look at expected completion %. As of last week Love was the same rank for both.

A QB who completes what is expected to be completed is not an issue.

We need to make the offense easier for him.

• Like 1

Ok, can we all move on from the feel good stories of UDFA Wilson and Heath? 

Yes they looked great against guys who are probably working at Home Depot right now. They can't duplicate that production against real NFL talent.

Both have looked underwhelming in their limited action thus far. Heath hasn't shown any Lazard potential and Wilson looks like a JAG out there. 

I was hoping Wilson would take Taylor's snaps but he just doesn't look good. Our RB situation looks brutal right now, Dillon pretty much got benched yesterday.

Go out there and bring in some proven vet's. Go get Ronald Jones and N'keal Harry, both are still young. Harry is only 25, and at 6'4 225 he can develop into that big physical Allen Lazard blocking Wr Matt likes.

The poor guy had Mac Jones and Fields throwing him the ball, he really never got a fair shot to develop, he was hurt his first two years in the league.

Think he would thrive in the Lafleur system. We need to bring in RB help for Jones asap. Don't want to wear him down. Ronald Jones has a similar skill set as Aaron. I really don't care who they find out there but they need to bring in some serviceable talent to help this offense.

Edited by St Vince

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Josh Rosen was at 56%.

Love is also #1 in the league in ADOT.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Love is also #1 in the league in ADOT.

I'm not even sure he watches the games because there's no way he's spouted off those numbers within the context of how often Love's pushing the ball down the field. He's literally mentioning YPA like he's a checkdown artist when that's the furthest thing from the truth. 

24 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Ok, can we all move on from the feel good stories of UDFA Wilson and Heath? 

Yes they looked great against guys who are probably working at Home Depot right now. They can't duplicate that production against real NFL talent.

Both have looked underwhelming in their limited action thus far. Heath hasn't shown any Lazard potential and Wilson looks like a JAG out there. 

I was hoping Wilson would take Taylor's snaps but he just doesn't look good. Our RB situation looks brutal right now, Dillon pretty much got benched yesterday.

Go out there and bring in some proven vet's. Go get Ronald Jones and N'keal Harry, both are still young. Harry is only 25, and at 6'4 225 he can develop into that big physical Allen Lazard blocking Wr Matt likes.

The poor guy had Mac Jones and Fields throwing him the ball, he really never got a fair shot to develop, he was hurt his first two years in the league.

Think he would thrive in the Lafleur system. We need to bring in RB help for Jones asap. Don't want to wear him down. Ronald Jones has a similar skill set as Aaron. I really don't care who they find out there but they need to bring in some serviceable talent to help this offense.

What's Goodson doing these days? I don't know why they kept Wilson over Goodson in the first place.

1 hour ago, Blink said:

It honestly makes me avoid this place entirely.

I've found this place WAY more enjoyable since identifying the small number of members who continually post to agitate, and making use of the ignore feature.  It's like a different site once you get rid of that noise. 

Edited by Mazrimiv

Detroit has a few things really going for them.

Their HC gets them to play really hard, really physical football.

They have/had a very good offensive line.

Their QB doesn't know that he is supposed to suck.

This one could get lopsided quickly if we do not come out strong and aggressive.  And I'm talking about better playcalling and better discipline (penalties) than we had on Sunday.

I'm expecting Bakhtiari to not only play, but to catch a TD pass.  50/50 on whether or not he will throw one, too.  (J/K)

But really, I'm expecting to see a game like Atlanta where the other team just tries to beat us up and watch us fold.  

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Goodson never grasped the other intricacies of playing the RB position like blocking.

Still, he had great burst and vision. He'd be a great fill in until Jones returns, but we really need to replace Dillon and Wilson. There must be some PS players out there who could help. Taylor has rb-3 nailed down. Need a better rb-2 long term and a temp replacement for rb-1 who can hang out on the PS when Jones returns. 

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Still, he had great burst and vision. He'd be a great fill in until Jones returns, but we really need to replace Dillon and Wilson. There must be some PS players out there who could help. Taylor has rb-3 nailed down. Need a better rb-2 long term and a temp replacement for rb-1 who can hang out on the PS when Jones returns. 

Trust me, I scoured the PS list yesterday. It's barren unless you wanna gamble on a broken down Tarik Cohen who hasn't played in 3 years.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I've found this place place WAY more enjoyable since identifying the small number of members who continually post to agitate, and making use of the ignore feature.  It's like a different site once you get rid of that noise. 

It’s just ridiculous that people hijack threads to talk about stupid s*** and people continue to entertain it. 

• Like 1