Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

12 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers signed him off waivers August 31. He then pulled his hamstring to try to fit in. He's Packer people. 

Packers might not be able to do it while he's still injured, but I would imagine Anderson is a likely candidate to be cut in favor of putting Taylor on the 53 here soon. 

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers might not be able to do it while he's still injured, but I would imagine Anderson is a likely candidate to be cut in favor of putting Taylor on the 53 here soon. 

Put him on IR, problem solved. Waive him from IR if he doesn't fit the 53 after 4 weeks. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

If Jones is a go, they may decide to let Taylor sit Thursday and bring Ballentine and Gaines up. Both would be ST's and DB help, whereas Taylor probably would be limited to ST's only this week.

(Triggers the Dillon butt hurt crowd.) 

Not to be a negativist, but I expect we'll get outclassed by Detroit.  I think they're for real.  Seems like a very well-balanced team.  

I hope I'm wrong, of course.  *IF* we can go toe-to-toe with them, or flat-out beat them, it might reframe my thoughts and expectations for the Packers this season.  

Detroit has a good offense, so *IF* our defense was able to handle them pretty well, it would be encouraging.  

1 hour ago, craig said:

Not to be a negativist, but I expect we'll get outclassed by Detroit.  I think they're for real.  Seems like a very well-balanced team.  

I hope I'm wrong, of course.  *IF* we can go toe-to-toe with them, or flat-out beat them, it might reframe my thoughts and expectations for the Packers this season.  

Detroit has a good offense, so *IF* our defense was able to handle them pretty well, it would be encouraging.  

Detroit is legit. They have stacked a bunch of talent, especially in the trenches, have a good enough QB who’s not top if the market and the offense is strong enough to help a solid defense. Eventually they’ll have to pay some premium guys and not be flush with draft capital but moves like trading Hock in a year where they could grab LaPorta means they are looking at their assets and making good decisions. They are no longer the doormat. Can they sustain success? That’s what separates the good  from the great. 

3 hours ago, craig said:

yeah Detroit is no joke this year.  In their last 13 games they are 10-3 with those only losses coming from OT loss to Seattle, 3 pt loss to Buffalo, and then a 14 pt loss to the Panthers (this one is a bit rough).

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Bahk and Jenkins out. 

Jenkins was expected. He won't be back until after the bye. I think the only reason the Packers didn't IR him was because he can miss 3 games and then get the Bye week, whereas he'd have to miss that 4th game on IR.