Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler are a problem - What should Mark do?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

You're joking.

Word around the NFL is that if or when the Patriots miss the playoffs, they will be firing Bill Belichek. Hondo Carpenter mentioned this as well

if we keep JMD which is not out the question, I can see BB joining as a DC. He’s been coaching for 40+ years straight probably will continue . In my opinion that would be a great move

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Word around the NFL is that if or when the Patriots miss the playoffs, they will be firing Bill Belichek. Hondo Carpenter mentioned this as well

if we keep JMD which is not out the question, I can see BB joining as a DC. He’s been coaching for 40+ years straight probably will continue . In my opinion that would be a great move

Kraft firing Bill would be shocking.

But the wildest thing you mentioned is Bill freaking Belichick, arguably the GOAT HC, who is 71 not to mention, would take an enormous demotion and coach UNDER Josh McDaniels as the Raiders Defensive Coordinator.

You're out to lunch man.

• Like 7

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

But the wildest thing you mentioned is Bill freaking Belichick, arguably the GOAT HC, who is 71 not to mention, would take an enormous demotion and coach UNDER Josh McDaniels as the Raiders Defensive Coordinator.

You're out to lunch man.

Buck can dream right? No harm, no foul. 👍🤣

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You're out to lunch man.

Bill gonna get fired this season from NE if they don’t make the playoffs. Would another team hired him as HC? Perhaps or perhaps not. I can see it happening.

I just don’t see a guy who has been coaching for 40+ straight seasons not coaching in Some form 

Edited by bucksavage1

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I see it the same as I did last year. You're going to get buy in from guys like Adams, Maxx, Jacobs and other guys who will grind regardless of circumstance. This system/culture adopted from Belichick demands that kind of player who love the works.   

Guys who want to leave after practice to go play Xbox are not going to like it.

Which is the question I had after @NickButera posted that Bill Belichick article. Can this approach work in the current NFL where players are less "do your job" and more individualistic. 

I think with me on it is I’m not seeing that but I’m from those guys anymore. Jacobs obviously is not pleased due to the contract stuff and Adams is a strong gust of wind away from requesting a trade. Maxx a dawg though no doubt about that. I just don’t see the buy in right now though and all the grim kings starting to surface just keep reinforcing that for me. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Bill gonna get fired this season from NE if they don’t make the playoffs. Would another team hired him as HC? Perhaps or perhaps not. I can see it happening 

Other teams would absolutely, 100% line up to hire Bill Belichick. You're instantly a credible franchise. 

But in any situation an NFL doesn't, I can't envisioning him taking a lesser role. He'd simply retire or just take a year off.

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Bill gonna get fired this season from NE if they don’t make the playoffs. Would another team hired him as HC? Perhaps or perhaps not. I can see it happening.

I just don’t see a guy who has been coaching for 40+ straight seasons not coaching in Some form 

I don’t think there’s a chance. If by some crazy long shot it happened Bill would command more respect and admiration in the locker room right off the bat than McDaniels. I think McD probably wouldn’t want that. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You're out to lunch man.

Oh, we're back to the pipedreams again I see

What about poaching the Lion’s O-coordinator as a young and upcoming first timer? I like what he’s been doing over there.  

Side note I read somewhere was that Dan Campbell purposely kept him hidden during Hard Knocks because he was afraid of drawing attention to him.

Edited by 101Raider

40 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

What about poaching the Lion’s O-coordinator as a young and upcoming first timer? I like what he’s been doing over there.  

Side note I read somewhere was that Dan Campbell purposely kept him hidden during Hard Knocks because he was afraid of drawing attention to him.

Ben Johnson is going to have his pick of teams this offseason.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ben Johnson is going to have his pick of teams this offseason.

Fair point, though I think we’d be a rather exciting place for an offensive minded coach to come to. I’m assuming we’d likely get a high pick in this QB heavy class for him to hand pick to go along with lots of offensive toys. Then again, we are the Raiders… so who knows how negatively we are still viewed.