Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler are a problem - What should Mark do?

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The thought process behind Hoyer is truly mind boggling. There's just zero legitimate justification for him being a rostered QB. 

Jimmy instead of Stidham, I can forgive. I wasn't impressed with Stidham's overall body of work. They thought Jimmy would be better, I thought Jimmy had a better chance at flopping and not leaving us in purgatory. 

But Hoyer? Hire him as a coach. Don't waste the roster spot. 

• Like 4

I'm reversing course on what I said earlier in this thread (letting JMD and Zeigler run out their contracts). It is inconceivable to me how the offense looks this bad while having 3 elite players. I have almost no confidence in JMD being able to draft and develop a quarterback of the future. I don't think JMD should be fired before the season, but I would put the following conditions on him being retained:

• Start Aiden O'Connell for the rest of the season.
  • O'Connell must look like a good player (i.e. looking like the starter in 2024).
  • The team must be competitive and the offense must score 20+ points during the remainder of the games.
Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm reversing course on what I said earlier in this thread (letting JMD and Zeigler run out their contracts). It is inconceivable to me how the offense looks this bad while having 3 elite players. I have almost no confidence in JMD being able to draft and develop a quarterback of the future. I don't think JMD should be fired before the season, but I would put the following conditions on him being retained:

• Start Aiden O'Connell for the rest of the season.
  • O'Connell must look like a good player (i.e. looking like the starter in 2024).
  • The team must be competitive and the offense must score 20+ points during the remainder of the games.

This seems a perfectly logical way of evaluating the rest of the year.

I’m well past the point of giving McDaniels the benefit of the doubt for anything, but if he gives the rookie a shot and he plays well and we win some games, it’ll make the decision to retain him ever so slightly more bearable, should that happen.

I mean, your idea is fine in principle. Which is why it won’t happen with this stupid franchise.

We are currently averaging 15.8 ppg which is tied for the third lowest in franchise history. The only two years that were worse are 2006 (10.6 ppg) with Art Shell as HC and Brooks/Walter at QB and 2009 (12.3 ppg) with Tom Cable at HC and Russell/Gradkowski/Frye at QB. 

1 minute ago, RaisinBran said:

Josh McDaniels post game - "We are going to have to produce more points to win games in this league, and right now we aren't doing that." No **** Sherlock LOL.

To win games in the NFL you have to score more points than the other team - JMD

• Like 3