Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler are a problem - What should Mark do?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Context is important, Renfrow only performed better in a year that he was forced into being the #1 target and a large portion of that was after Gruden was fired. In his two full seasons with Gruden as the play caller he averaged like 600 yards per year, decent but nothing great. 

Carr in his 3 full seasons under Gruden averaged 4,050 yards / 22 TD / 9 INT

In his only season with JMD he was on pace 4,000 yards / 27 TD / 15 INT 

Wasn't much of a drop off at all, lol. 

Better is better.  Waller and Jimmy getting overlooked I see.  

I like how you say context is important, but then ignore it yourself, lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Forget the ego and immaturity, he's not capable of integrating good players into his gameplan. He's alienated Carr, Waller, and now Renfrow. That's not good at all. All of them have played good to very good ball and he couldn't make it work. I want a coach who will showcase his players strengths and minimize their weaknesses. That's what it's all about. Case in point Ben Johnson with Goff.

Great point. 

my thing is this, we are struggling downfield and theres nothing we can do about our noddle armed QBs. Yet, we have a slot machine in Renfrow that does nothing but get open underneath and you refuse to use him. I just don’t get it. Good coaches play to their players strengths and it feels like McDaniels way or no way. “Just run the play” 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Great point. 

my thing is this, we are struggling downfield and theres nothing we can do about our noddle armed QBs. Yet, we have a slot machine in Renfrow that does nothing but get open underneath and you refuse to use him. I just don’t get it. Good coaches play to their players strengths and it feels like McDaniels way or no way. “Just run the play” 

I recall early on with Renfrow, he struggled in Gruden's system because of how he runs routes. Then at a certain point he said he was going to do things his way, they let him and he took off. 

Guessing you are spot on. He has the way that works for him and JMD is saying no, you do it this way. 

It will be unfortunate to lose him and then see these idiots get fired.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I recall early on with Renfrow, he struggled in Gruden's system because of how he runs routes. Then at a certain point he said he was going to do things his way, they let him and he took off. 

Guessing you are spot on. He has the way that works for him and JMD is saying no, you do it this way. 

My biggest worry right there. They gut the team of some of the better talent we have only to get canned in the end and leave the cupboard bare. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Isn’t that what good coaches do though? Play to the strengths of their players? Anyone remember when Hue Jackson asked DMC what style of blocking he preferred and they changed from ZBS to power? DMC had his best season if I recall.And that was 0-16 Jackson!

JMD hasn’t shown he gets it. The sooner they get rid of this bum the better. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Geezy said:

Great point. 

Josh Mcdaniels dink and dunk/ short game style only works if you have Brady because..

1. He's going to be correct 9.9/10 times with where he goes with the ball

2. He can throw down the field.

3. He's ultimately going to run what he's going to run which leaves no room for the "Just run the play" style that Mcdaniels deploys

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yup I said that in one of my rants after we beat the broncos week 1. I mentioned that I bet it's that very reason renfrow not getting PT. Which means jmd not the great adapter that he was advertised as either.

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Josh Mcdaniels dink and dunk/ short game style only works if you have Brady because..

1. He's going to be correct 9.9/10 times with where he goes with the ball

2. He can throw down the field.

3. He's ultimately going to run what he's going to run which leaves no room for the "Just run the play" style that Mcdaniels deploys

This is not his style of offense. This is what it has been relegated to with the QBs he chose. Last year the one thing that worked well in his offense was the deep shots to Adams. 

• Like 1

It's crazy how history is literally repeating itself.  

Traded away franchise QB (Carr), about to trade away unhappy WR (Renfrow), next he will draft the worst QB prospect in the draft next year (like he drafted Tebow).  After that he'll just have to get caught cheating.  Then we can finally fire him, and the loop will be complete.

EXCLUSIVE: A Look Back: Josh McDaniels Fired From Denver Broncos: | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cutting Carr was the best move he could've made. 

If he was smart, he would've traded him while teams were willing to deal a first for him.  Instead Carr walked.  Every single step of the way he has done something wrong.

• Like 1