Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler are a problem - What should Mark do?

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is a silly thing to say, what do you think Carr’s trade value was after 2016? I bet he was worth a couple firsts back then, also I’m sure we could have gotten a first for him relatively recently.

Whether he would have been worth that is of course debatable and irrelevant, but to state so definitively is flat out incorrect, we cannot possibly know but history tells us it’s quite likely even if he is as you’d described.

There’s always one incredibly gullible team, hence we signed Jimmy Garoppolo after all didn't we 😀

Carr sucks and is getting exposed this year. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carr sucks and is getting exposed this year. 

He may well suck and he may well be getting exposed this year - that's not personally what I believe - but it's irrelevant and I'm not arguing either way. What I am disagreeing with you about, is that we could clearly have traded him for more than a first several times during his career starting for us, and he was likely even worth a first (given other QBs being traded and their value) right up until last season. I think if McDaniels comes in and decides to trade Carr immediately, we very, very likely get a R1 pick from some team.

Wentz was traded for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 first-round pick for example, so its certainly very likely Carr could have fetched a future 1st at least.

• Like 4

Man it’s been about 15 years since I joined the forum. Back then I was a dumb high schooler who thought Jamarcus Russell would lead the Raiders to a Super Bowl. It’s great to see guys still on here talking. I’ve never been one to go to bars but I feel like this place is the closest thing to one. The older guys (I guess that’s me now.) Debating the kids on QBs. May it never get tired!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Man it’s been about 15 years since I joined the forum. Back then I was a dumb high schooler who thought Jamarcus Russell would lead the Raiders to a Super Bowl. It’s great to see guys still on here talking. I’ve never been one to go to bars but I feel like this place is the closest thing to one. The older guys (I guess that’s me now.) Debating the kids on QBs. May it never get tired!

I discovered this forum around the same time and I was also in high school back then. I actually found this place looking for a FA list(it was back in the times of Albert Haynesworth). For the longest time I would just read what people would say whenever we drafted someone or signed someone. I didn't start posting until Covid because I had nothing else to do. Been commenting ever since. lol 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I discovered this forum around the same time and I was also in high school back then. I actually found this place looking for a FA list(it was back in the times of Albert Haynesworth). For the longest time I would just read what people would say whenever we drafted someone or signed someone. I didn't start posting until Covid because I had nothing else to do. Been commenting ever since. lol 

I was in high school and around that time as well. I remember that first FFMD and how fun the war room thread was. Didn’t post a ton but always was lurking. Fell off in college and I had forgotten my password and then started coming back around the Pryor days when I had a desk job. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I was in high school and around that time as well. I remember that first FFMD and how fun the war room thread was. Didn’t post a ton but always was lurking. Fell off in college and I had forgotten my password and then started coming back around the Pryor days when I had a desk job. 

Yeah i had a different name and also forgot my password

• Like 2

Been posting here since 07 as well, i was like 14-15 when i signed up. I literally remember posting on this forum in my computer class back in high school lol.

Earliest memories from this forum i have is probably all the back and forth smack talk we used to have with the Donk fans. Lol fun times. We were like a gang and used to go into their gameday threads to talk smack about how Justin Fargas and the shot Daunte Culpepper were going to kill them haha.

Time flies when you’re losing 😂

• Like 1

No idea when I first registered here, but I do remember when Tony Moeaki was the GOAT (I hope someone else remembers this!) so it’s definitely been at least a decade.

Been a good time chatting (ie. complaining about our awful team) with you guys for so long.

• Like 2

Around 07 for me too. 

My high school job was a pretty kushy gig managing a city-run indoor pool inside of a community center. Most people went to the larger facility, so we just had a few old ladies that would do water zumba, so I had a ton of free time. Came across the old FF site while searching for a list of draft player profiles and never looked back. Don't remember my old id/pw though. 

• Like 1

I was on another forum around 02-03 and when it started to die off I found this one.  So it was probably in that same 06-07 timeframe. Had a desk job in my early 20s and would check for news in between data entry stuff.  Was never a high volume poster, but liked seeing everyone else's opinions.