Week 4 GDT: Broncos @ Chicago

broncosfan_101

15 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Does @broncosfan_101 get to make 2 GDT?   That’s the only question worth answering this week

Chicago is having it even worse than we are.    To say their FO is in shambles PR wise is an understatement.  

We gave up 70 pts last week, are playing on the road and somehow are 3 pt FAVORITES at Chicago.   No, that’s not a typo lol.  

Edited by Broncofan

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Chicago is having it even worse than we are.    To say their FO is in shambles PR wise is an understatement.  

We gave up 70 pts last week, are playing on the road and somehow are 3 pt FAVORITES at Chicago.   No, that’s not a typo lol.  

Oh I think Denver should win.  But if the defense really has given up, that could spell disaster.   Fields and company have something to play for - proving he belongs at this level.   

I could see him having 150+ rushing yards 

Denver is going to win because Chicago is an order of magnitude worse than we are. The only way we don't win is if the defense completely gives up, but I suspect after getting 70 dropped on them, this is going to be a game where they come out hungry and angry.

If we don't for some reason win, this season is cooked. Even with a win, it's still cooked, but this would be an issue.

I would expect we win something like 24-13

• Like 2

I’ll preface this by saying that with my whole family hailing from Chicagoland, and the Bears (and Niners) being my “second team” this game excites me because one of us has to win. 

I’d like to say the Bears have some pieces that  can give us some trouble but they don’t. Fields is a bust, like every Ohio State QB to ever come to the NFL. Their lines are a shambles and even D.J. Moore isn’t a real weapon, at least not one PS2 can easily take away. 

And while we’re bad, we’re not 70-20 bad. We have issues, but 70-20 is an anomaly. Lost in the noise of three losses is the fact that our offense is drastically improved over last year. Three turnovers led to directly to 21 points for Miami last week. We don’t do that, and only score 3 FGs on those three drives, we only lose 49-29. Yes I just wrote that sentence. 

Yes, it’s a road trip to the CST and an 11am kickoff but I think we come out and play this week. If we can’t beat the Bears, then, all hope is lost and I’ll get on the let’s hope Caleb Williams bucks the trend of USC QB busts train. 

I don’t think it will be pretty, but will be a W - Broncos 27, Bears 19.

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Get ready for the false positive the next two weeks. Justin Fields and Zach Wilson are going to end the tank.

Yeah, even if we know the team can't compete most weeks, we'll be rightful favorites both weeks for sure.

NYJ @ DEN was supposed to be the primary late game Week 5.....lol not so much now.

16 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’ll preface this by saying that with my whole family hailing from Chicagoland, and the Bears (and Niners) being my “second team” this game excites me because one of us has to win. 

I’d like to say the Bears have some pieces that  can give us some trouble but they don’t. Fields is a bust, like every Ohio State QB to ever come to the NFL. Their lines are a shambles and even D.J. Moore isn’t a real weapon, at least not one PS2 can easily take away. 

And while we’re bad, we’re not 70-20 bad. We have issues, but 70-20 is an anomaly. Lost in the noise of three losses is the fact that our offense is drastically improved over last year. Three turnovers led to directly to 21 points for Miami last week. We don’t do that, and only score 3 FGs on those three drives, we only lose 49-29. Yes I just wrote that sentence. 

Yes, it’s a road trip to the CST and an 11am kickoff but I think we come out and play this week. If we can’t beat the Bears, then, all hope is lost and I’ll get on the let’s hope Caleb Williams bucks the trend of USC QB busts train. 

I don’t think it will be pretty, but will be a W - Broncos 27, Bears 19.

Completely agree. Also curious how delusional I am in thinking this. If we lose to the Bears, we're so far worse than we think we are and thats saying something cuz we already know we're bad. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Ya I will say we had two TDs taken away on our early possessions against Miami by offball penalties both by Brandon Johnson. I get why that isn't really talked about and one of those still turned into a FG but that's 11 more points right there, let alone the drops from Sutton. Point is, it's just another thing that shows 1) our lack of talent and 2) there's not actually anything wrong with our offensive schemes...at least in the first half

However, with the Bears, I think they may actually show us that we are in fact that bad. Our defense will make Fields and Moore look somewhat competent and that's also where the caveat of our offensive schemes come in. Sean has been very strange in terms of making adjustments and seems to just pick something to change even if what we were doing was working. I do worry about that with a desperate Bears team with players looking to make big plays to get contracts elsewhere. I expecting an interception or two from Russ this game because of that. I guess we will have to wait and see

Random but wanted to share. I was watching the Bengals game yesterday and was in awe of how Taylor/Callahan were drawing up plays for Chase all over the field. If yall didn't know, Burrow is working on one leg right now looking like oldman Flacco out there and they had Chase line up on the outside running his normal long routes, but then also in the slot, or even behind Burrow at one point. There was one play where they had him run this insanely short route in the middle of the field (basically went barely behind the line of scrimmage and immediately turned around) and it actually resulted in about 10 yards after the catch cause the defense just assumed he was going to take off. This is ultimately a model that I think could be perfect to use with Mims especially with Jeudy coming back from injury and Dulcich out. It keeps the defense guessing without having to have a bunch of other threats around him (that Bengals game Higgins was dropping everything and Boyd was pretty quiet)

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, even if we know the team can't compete most weeks, we'll be rightful favorites both weeks for sure.

NYJ @ DEN was supposed to be the primary late game Week 5.....lol not so much now.

Don’t think I could have handled Rodgers and Hackett dropping 40+ on this team. 

44 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

String some wins together boys! It'll totally be worth it. Trust me, you do not want to tank for Williams. 

This is a scenario I get worried about. Our offense is semi-decent enough to maybe go get a few wins throughout the season which puts us JUST out of range of the top2 QBs. I'd be pissed if this happens at this point. I know you Raiders fools know this pain all too well. Meanwhile Chargers gonna Charger...I still don't understand the depth of their curse

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

This is a scenario I get worried about. Our offense is semi-decent enough to maybe go get a few wins throughout the season which puts us JUST out of range of the top2 QBs. I'd be pissed if this happens at this point. I know you Raiders fools know this pain all too well. Meanwhile Chargers gonna Charger...I still don't understand the depth of their curse

Oh yes, we're very well versed in this. We won a meaningless game super late in the year vs. Arizona iirc, which knocked us out of Nick Bosa and we landed Ferrell instead! Woooooo.

I've always been anti-tanking/win no matter what but that moment quickly made me change my tune. Being stuck in purgatory is the worst thing in sports.