Week 4 GDT: Broncos @ Chicago

broncosfan_101

5 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

This is a scenario I get worried about. Our offense is semi-decent enough to maybe go get a few wins throughout the season which puts us JUST out of range of the top2 QBs. I'd be pissed if this happens at this point. I know you Raiders fools know this pain all too well. Meanwhile Chargers gonna Charger...I still don't understand the depth of their curse

Just a feeling, but I don't think we'll go QB with our first no matter what our selection. We're just too poor a team with too many holes. The history of terrible teams drafting #1 QB's is not positive for either the team or QB. That would mean our last 3 firsts and two seconds went to the QB position, a little much in my opinion.

9 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Just a feeling, but I don't think we'll go QB with our first no matter what our selection. We're just too poor a team with too many holes. The history of terrible teams drafting #1 QB's is not positive for either the team or QB. That would mean our last 3 firsts and two seconds went to the QB position, a little much in my opinion.

I get what you are saying but no way we pass up on a QB if we could have one of the top2. Look at Houston w Stroud right now. Their team is *** but he is electrifying and gives their fans a lot of hope. I do think it's actually a very interesting idea though if we talk trading that pick. 

Again this will never happen but imagine the haul we would get for giving up, let's say, the number 2 pick in this draft. Probably 3 first rounders at minimum which, to your point, could really help us completely restart our team and actually put us in a situation somewhat like the dolphins who have had 2 first round picks for a few years now. Eventually we would need a Tua but again to your point, even if we draft the trenches, we will still likely suck which means more high picks. Lions just did this as well and look hopeful

If we get a shot at Williams, Mayes or perhaps even Sanders, LOCK IT IN, how many chances do you get at a franchise-level QB ?. We have no QBOTF and Wilson can't/isn't lifting this team out of the dregs. and the fans are already regretting his new contract, the FO will need something to keep the fans hopeful and bring them back to the stands. Yes, we have other needs to address as well, but the offense needs a real leader, not a guy who is worried more about his PR. 

• Like 1

Saw the ticker yesterday saying we have lost six road games in a row while the bears have lost 8 home games in a row.  Is a fn tie in the works, lmao?  Seriously I have to think we win the next two and thats with the football gods rectifying a vengeance game by Hackett and the Jets against us but in my mind we only win 2/3 more after that.  Things are not good at all.............. Ill call this one at 20-17 or so for us...............man if we lose?????????????????????

5 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

I get what you are saying but no way we pass up on a QB if we could have one of the top2. Look at Houston w Stroud right now. Their team is *** but he is electrifying and gives their fans a lot of hope. I do think it's actually a very interesting idea though if we talk trading that pick. 

Again this will never happen but imagine the haul we would get for giving up, let's say, the number 2 pick in this draft. Probably 3 first rounders at minimum which, to your point, could really help us completely restart our team and actually put us in a situation somewhat like the dolphins who have had 2 first round picks for a few years now. Eventually we would need a Tua but again to your point, even if we draft the trenches, we will still likely suck which means more high picks. Lions just did this as well and look hopeful

I've seen way too many top choices fail to put much stock in it. I'm more a believer of build the team, then add the QB. Bills and KC are great examples. 

The bevy of picks we get for a high 1st goes a long ways towards fixing this team. Our lack of talent goes far beyond the QB position. Joe Montana in his prime coudn't get any more wins than Russ, as bad a roster as we have. If Sean can put together a staff and teach 'em how to play it would be a great first step. Two/three drafts in a row and we're back in the saddle.

Edited by AKRNA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anewdawn said:

Saw the ticker yesterday saying we have lost six road games in a row while the bears have lost 8 home games in a row.  Is a fn tie in the works, lmao?  Seriously I have to think we win the next two and thats with the football gods rectifying a vengeance game by Hackett and the Jets against us but in my mind we only win 2/3 more after that.  Things are not good at all.............. Ill call this one at 20-17 or so for us...............man if we lose?????????????????????

I do believe we share some fairly dismal outlooks form our immediate future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I've seen way too many top choices fail to put much stock in it. I'm more a believer of build the team, then add the QB. Bills and KC are great examples. 

The bevy of picks we get for a high 1st goes a long ways towards fixing this team. If Sean can put together a staff and teach 'em how to play it would be a great first step. 

Yup I definitely get that. Especially when you see a team like the Jags who have a Caleb Williams level QB or the Chargers and they are just....not very good because of the team around them. Even looking at a team like the 49ers, they built it completely on drafting the trenches and some skill guys, then got some actual top free agents/trades, and tried to go for QB, which failed, and yet they are still a Superbowl favorite. I just doubt the Broncos have a vision like that right now 

Bears fan here... I come in peace! 😆

Curious what your strengths and weaknesses are on offense and defense. I don't think you're as bad as that 70 burger you got dropped on you last week (plus I think Miami is the goods).

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

Bears fan here... I come in peace! 😆

Curious what your strengths and weaknesses are on offense and defense. I don't think you're as bad as that 70 burger you got dropped on you last week (plus I think Miami is the goods).

O - great scheming by Sean Payton.   Our run game improving as Javonte Williams gets further away from ACL surgery.   Our WR play will get better as Marvin Mims gets a full route tree and Jerry Jeudy is finally healthy.  

D - our old DC (Evero) and all the guys we’re missing from our EDGE & secondary (Browning, Simmons & Sterns) were terrific.   If you want anything nice to be said about the D….gonna be rough with this DC and the current lineup.   PS2 is a god.  The rookie / 2nd year pass rushers show some promise.      That’s about it.   

Edited by Broncofan

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

O - great scheming by Sean Payton.   Our run game improving as Javonte Williams gets further away from ACL surgery.   Our WR play will get better as Marvin Mims gets a full route tree and Jerry Jeudy is finally healthy.  

D - our old DC (Evero) and all the guys we’re missing from our EDGE & secondary (Browning, Simmons & Sterns) were terrific.   If you want anything nice to be said about the D….gonna be rough with this DC and the current lineup.   PS2 is a god.  The rookie / 2nd year pass rushers show some promise.      That’s about it.   

Appreciate it!

O - our OL is banged up, currently have backups at LT, LG and OC. Can't seem to get on the same page with pass blocking assignments. WRs are lining up incorrectly and running wrong routes. Basically a $hitshow

D - DL sucks, run defense is good but zero pass rush. Secondary is banged up (starting corner, starting safety, staring nickel, backup nickel and backup corner are all hurt). LBs are 'fine'. Giving up something like 60% 3rd down conversions so enjoy seeing Cover-2 with no pass rush on 3rd and 6+.

Good times.

On 9/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

south-park-denver.gif

String some wins together boys! It'll totally be worth it. Trust me, you do not want to tank for Williams. 

Becomes more apparent Raider fans don't have any eye for talent, Williams is STOUT. Comment should be "Raider fans don't want you to get Williams", that I'd believe