Week 4 Thread: (2-1) Commanders at (3-0) Eagles - GIF THEME Rocky

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If they go to Brissett they should all be fired the following week. Brissett is nothing more than a Fitzpatrick. Total road to nowhere. Short term bandaid for a long term problem. 

Did you not read what I said?  The mouthbreather fans will be the ones calling for it.  Not that they would do it.  I think it’s too early for that, if it happens at all.  I think everyone knows their job revolves around Howell’s performance.  They went all-in on that this off-season.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Did you not read what I said?  The mouthbreather fans will be the ones calling for it.  Not that they would do it.  I think it’s too early for that, if it happens at all.  I think everyone knows their job revolves around Howell’s performance.  They went all-in on that this off-season.  

Yes, I read what you said. I wasn’t saying they were going to do it just that if they did they should be fired. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It could affect him for his entire career.  It is widely believed to be what sapped Pujols in the back half of his career. 

I got it like 7 or 8 years ago while working out. I remember Jason Taylor had it in his one season in DC and he had some issue called compartment syndrome with his calf also which was more serious than any fan really understood at the time. 

Anyway, enough about him, plantar fasciitis does seem to come and go. For me, I got through it with a lot of stretching and really just resting for several months. I do remember it hurting like hell in the morning - felt like you were stepping down on a floor of nails - but as you walk around on it and do things throughout the day it does loosen up. 

They can give you a shot in the bottom of your foot to numb it and I'm sure Jon Allen is getting it. Here’s what Jason Taylor said about that shot:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jason-taylor-of-dolphins-almost-needed-amputation-0ap1000000126288

There also is a grisly anecdote of Taylor stuffing a towel in his mouth to muffle screams during excruciating shots in the bottom of his feet to ease the pain of plantar fasciitis -- a foot condition Le Batard points out might have been caused by the Toradol injections.”

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

Win this game by 1 point & everyone will forget the Buffalo *** kicking.

Sam is gonna show us something this game.

Either he digs down deep & forgets the 19 sacks that should be shellshocking him at the moment.....and shows the world he's mentally tough.

Or

He adds happy feet, to his holding on to the ball too long  & gives us Patrick Ramsey vibes.

This game is a season tonesetter, imo.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I got it like 7 or 8 years ago while working out. I remember Jason Taylor had it on his one season in DC and he had some issue called compartment syndrome I think with his calf which was more serious than any fan really understood at the time.

Anyway, enough about him, plantar fasciitis does seem to come and go. For me, I got through it with a lot of stretching and really just resting for several months. I do remember it hurting like hell in the morning - felt like you were stepping down on a floor of nails - but as you walk around on it and do things throughout the day islet does loosen up. 

They can give you a shot in the bottom of your foot to numb it and I'm sure Jon Allen is getting it. Here’s what Jason Taylor said about that shot:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jason-taylor-of-dolphins-almost-needed-amputation-0ap1000000126288

There also is a grisly anecdote of Taylor stuffing a towel in his mouth to muffle screams during excruciating shots in the bottom of his feet to ease the pain of plantar fasciitis -- a foot condition Le Batard points out might have been caused by the Toradol injections.”

Yeah, I started playing basketball again on the weekends, and I had started to get the symptoms of it. But, with better stretching and special socks and insoles in my shoes, I have managed it a lot better. The nails in the morning is a perfect description. 

• Like 1

I think we need the Henickie game 2 in Philly game plan from last year if we have hopes of winning this game, and it’s the same game plan we should've had last week vs. the Bills, especially since in the 2nd halves vs. the Cardinals & Broncos we won in large part bc we ran it more and threw it less in the 2nd half and bc we were running it more, receivers were more open for Howell in the 2nd half vs the Broncos.

If we run the ball 30 + times this game, control the clock and play stout run D vs Hurts & Swift, we can win but it's a long shot.

Last year we ran the ball 40 times between, Brob’s 26, AG’s 14, Heinicke’s 5, and Samuel’s 4. Bieniemy is new here and I think he has to learn that running the ball and getting a few first downs while chewing up clock and maybe eventually having to punt while Tress pins the opposing team inside their 10-yard line and relying on our D more to help us win games at this point is the best recipe for us to win until Howell hopefully becomes more consistent in the pocket and gets the ball our faster. 

Bieniemy has to help Sam out with more runs and screens called in his playcalling. If he does that early and we have success it should help Sam’s confidence rebound.

I just can't imagine Howell throwing 4 ints again either like last week. Things spiraled out of control for him in the 2nd part of the 3rd quarter & the early part of the 4th vs the Bills which made the score more lopsided than it should've been and I hope that doesn't happen again. I hope Howell can bounce back and have at least a Heinicke type game and not have a Kirk Cousins 2014 game again where he throws one int and then things start to spiral out of control as he continues to force the ball downfield into coverage when he has guys open underneath. 

Commanders: 23

Eagles: 27

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, I started playing basketball again on the weekends, and I had started to get the symptoms of it. But, with better stretching and special socks and insoles in my shoes, I have managed it a lot better. The nails in the morning is a perfect description. 

That's right, I did go to the Good Feet store and overpay for inserts also which helped me get through it, I forgot about that.

I have no doubt that Jon Allen has inserts for his regular shoes and special ones for his cleats to help with it and I'm sure he's taking those shots too on gameday.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That's right, I didn't go to the Good Feet store and overpay for inserts also which helped me get through it, I forgot about that.

I have no doubt that Jon Allen has inserts for his regular shoes and special ones for his cleats to help with it and I'm sure he's taking those shots too on gameday.

Ice ! Lots of ice. I froze a water bottle and rolled it back and forth on the floor with my foot. Helped a lot. took a while though . It's really painful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

It was reported back in late August. Course R R said it's just a tweak ! Ain't his damn foot !

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/20/washington-commanders-dt-jonathan-allen-battling-plantar-fasciitis-nfl-preseason/

I am guessing Allen isn't the kind of guy who is good at properly resting.  He is going to have to figure that out this offseason.  Until then I am sure they will treat it to get him through.  I am still going to stick to my guns and call for a monster game from him.