Week 4 Thread: (2-1) Commanders at (3-0) Eagles - GIF THEME Rocky

MikeT14

It is so crazy to me how quickly this fan base turns to doom and gloom. Maybe it's the decades of repetitive trauma, but we lost to the Bills and all the sudden we are dog **** or something. A polite reminder that we are 2-1. 

I hope that the habit is broken over the next few seasons. New owners, (hopefully) new staff, refurbished stadium and fan experience. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It is so crazy to me how quickly this fan base turns to doom and gloom. Maybe it's the decades of repetitive trauma, but we lost to the Bills and all the sudden we are dog **** or something. A polite reminder that we are 2-1. 

I hope that the habit is broken over the next few seasons. New owners, (hopefully) new staff, refurbished stadium and fan experience. 

I agree and it is definitely because of the 30 years of only winning 3 playoff games.

That's why I constantly said in order for FedEx to stay sold out past September that we had to consistently win games. The luster of the new owners will wear off if we don't consistently win.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You know if we'd just shown up against the Bills everythings still good .  We looked less than a professional NFL team. It was an awful incompetent display. Incompetent coaching, uninsprired play . Nothing to recommend the future might be bright . 

• Like 1

Inside some numbers

Eagles Def

The Eagles have allowed the seventh-highest passer rating,

Eagles only gave up 146 passing yrs vs the Bucs

They have allowed the second-most passing touchdowns.

They rank second in pressure rate and you combine this with our weak OL and you can see this is where the game will be won. Their DL is just to much for our OL. Unless EB  can move the pocket around this will be another rough wk for SH.

SH have the seventh-highest turnover-worthy play rate.

Howell is the most sacked quarterback in the NFL. He was sacked 9 times last wk  this why  our pass catchers are struggling last wk and had 4 INT’s. our TO ratio is a -3 that 26 in the NFL.

Eagles Passing game

Hurts has the tenth-best yards per attempt, the tenth-highest passer rating

He has destroyed zone coverage this season (WAS 68-76% zone).

Washington has allowed the 14th-highest yards per attempt

We have a inability to stop downfield passing and the Eagle do pass protect well.

Washington has permitted the fourth-most deep passing yards and Hurts is tenth in deep ball rate. Looking at the Eagles Buc game eagles have very good balance attack. Hurt did have 1 INT? If I remember right.

AJ Brown is better against their zone coverage we play a lot of zone

Smith leads the team in deep targets. Against zone, Smith ranks second on the team

Our RG

Philly is the only run defense yet to allow an explosive run. They also have the second-highest stuff rate and have given up the lowest yards after contact

Philly RG. Maybe we should just run the ball more b/c of the OL. Robinson had 70 yds rushing last wk. Why did we abandon the running game last wk. This why I say EB has to take some blame also. Robimson 

Our passing game

Can’t find the stats on our passing game but simply put something is off here and that something is the OL, the Qb, new system and OC passing to much as a result  Mclaurin and Dotson numbers are down.. SH will be sacked many times. As I mentioned earlier the Eagles have the second highest pressure rate. I am really concern about SH this wk and we may see JB this wk. The Eagles just have to many pass rushers up front. I am just looking at the numbers. Looking at the stats this is a bad matchup for us.  

TE

The Eagles have been generous to tight ends this season. They have allowed the third-most receiving yards, fourth-most receptions, and the most receiving touchdowns to tight ends. Logan Thomas

Our run defense is something not to fear. We have allowed the fifth-highest explosive run rate while also logging the 12th-lowest stuff rate. Over the last two wks Smith has a average of 5.2 yds before any contact. We gave up 168 rushing yds vs the Bills last wk so our run defense is struggling. We need some OL in next years draft and you can add some LB’s also.

Our pass defense which was a surprise to me was not that bad in terms of passing yds allow. We gave up 219 passing yds last wk. So there’s some hope. But Brown and Smith are some tough hombres. Here is another stat from last week we had ZERO SACKS on 32 drop backs. We also continue to allow opposing QB to exit the pocket with ease and pickup big chunks of yds. 

For the most part the numbers lean in Philly favor. But this a Divisional game and they  are always too crazy to call, literally anything can happen. But I think the Eagles win this one if you go by the numbers

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Remember last year when Rivera was rotating oline every series.  Why not do that move with Wylie/Lucas to see if it makes a difference live?

My preference would be to move Lucas to LT and put Leno at RT. From what I’ve seen Lucas is better at LT and I believe Leno can play RT. 

23 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

For me, it’s a little doom and gloom, but I also never bought into Sam Howell.  I also know Rivera is likely gone, and that this is a year of evaluating talent in the organization, both on the field and the front office.  While all of the evaluation is absolutely needed, and I hope the Orioles serve as a blueprint for it being Ok to tear it down to the studs, it is also hard to care or be optimistic knowing there’s going to be sweeping changes coming soon and to not get too invested.  

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Remember last year when Rivera was rotating oline every series.  Why not do that move with Wylie/Lucas to see if it makes a difference live?

Just bench Wylie. Admit your mistake and move on. He can't play RT. He couldn't play it last year for KC when he gave up 49 pressure and 9 sacks. His playoff performance was an anomaly and he's regressed to the mean. Wasting anymore time on this guy will just hurt this offense. Put Lucas out there and be done with it.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm about as pessimistic as it gets and I'm not really down at all after the Bills loss. To me, its a game that happens once a year to teams. Nobody shows up and the team executes everything poorly. It happens. I think the team will come out much better against the Eagles and win or loss they'll be back on track. There's far too much talent on this roster and I think the team is much closer to the one that went on a 32-3 run against Denver than it is the one that showed up against Buffalo. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My preference would be to move Lucas to LT and put Leno at RT. From what I’ve seen Lucas is better at LT and I believe Leno can play RT. 

I don't see any reason to move Leno. He's a mediocre LT, there’s no reason to replace or move anyone right now unless it's Wylie. The more we play musical chairs with the OL, the worse they'll be short of flipping Cosmi & Wylie on the right side or benching Wylie for Lucas.

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think that was bc of injury or something in a game. Trai Turner was trying to come back from and play through his quad injury & Cosmi was dealing with something too although I can't remember what his injury was.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:14 PM, lavar703 said:

If they go to Brissett they should all be fired the following week. Brissett is nothing more than a Fitzpatrick. Total road to nowhere. Short term bandaid for a long term problem. 

This! Sink or swim with Howell this year! If we’re swimming, he’s taken us to or gotten us close to the playoffs. 

If we’re sinking with him, we’re picking in the top 10 and can hopefully get Ewers in that range.

Edited by turtle28