Week 4 Thread: (2-1) Commanders at (3-0) Eagles - GIF THEME Rocky

MikeT14

Just now, e16bball said:

Not going for it on the 2-point conversion was the one I just can’t wrap my head around.

What do they think is their likelihood of success on their best 2-point play? Did they really believe their likelihood of beating the Eagles in OT at their place is higher?

Heavily agree. Your offense just dominated them down the field, and your defense has been shaky. It would have fit the game script well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Not going for it on the 2-point conversion was the one I just can’t wrap my head around.

What do they think is their likelihood of success on their best 2-point play? Did they really believe their likelihood of beating the Eagles in OT at their place is higher?

But they had a shot. They had them out of field goal range and played way off in soft coverage and essentially gave them field goal range back. Everyone being happy about a moral victory when your coaching staff just directly cost your team a hard fought game. Just absurd. You can’t win with this group. It’s not possible. Rivera will always hold this thing back. Always. 

• Like 2

Tough lost we just needed another inch on that McLaruin catch and them Eagles will be in trouble. If mclaruin had not came down on the forearm of the eagle defended that would have been a catch. At least we gave em hell. SH and EB showed me something today. There hope.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slateman said:

In another month, Washington is going to regret this game a lot. Probably eliminates us from the playoffs.

Hopefully the loss eventually eliminates Rivera form being our HC which is more important than getting to and losing in the playoffs which may give Rivera another year.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hopefully the loss eventually eliminates Rivera form being our HC which is more important than getting to and losing in the playoffs which may give Rivera another year.

Just fire Rivera. Just fire him now. Elevate EB to headcoach and see what you have. You already know Rivera is taking this team nowhere. I don’t care if I’m on an island on this one. Rivera’s decision making has hurt this team for the entirety of his tenure. He is a problem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Just fire Rivera. Just fire him now. Elevate EB to headcoach and see what you have. You already know Rivera is taking this team nowhere. I don’t care if I’m on an island on this one. Rivera’s decision making has hurt this team for the entirety of his tenure. He is a problem. 

I 💯 agree! I’d love to evaluate EB for the rest of the season. I don’t see Rivera being fired during the season though if we are in playoff contention in Nov/Dec.

36 minutes ago, Slateman said:

In another month, Washington is going to regret this game a lot. Probably eliminates us from the playoffs.

In all fairness, if our playoff hopes hinged heavily on beating PHI on the road, then the season was pretty much DOA from the jump.

While I’m not happy with the outcome, I think you have to be encouraged with Howell. I personally think the McLaurin catch could’ve gone either way and had they called it complete it would’ve stood. It was a hell of a rebound after a bad game and he was getting the ball out fast. 

• Like 3