20 games in

NCOUGHMAN

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dave Ziegler / Josh McDaniels QB evaluation after Brady has been abysmal. 

Drafted Jarrett Stidham / Signed Cam Newton

Drafted Mac Jones 

Extended Derek Carr

Traded Carr and signed Jimmy G

Should have been Stidham szn 🥺

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dave Ziegler / Josh McDaniels QB evaluation after Brady has been abysmal. 

Drafted Jarrett Stidham / Signed Cam Newton

Drafted Mac Jones 

Extended Derek Carr

Traded Carr and signed Jimmy G

It wasn't any good before Brady. Remember, he did draft Tim Tebow while in Denver.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 10:34 AM, Devilshark69 said:

For all we know, this could be he didn’t WANT to play for mcdoofus. 

I read that stiddy didn’t like that jmd said he wouldn’t consider him as a starter Imo cause jmd was in love with jimmy 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I read that stiddy didn’t like that jmd said he wouldn’t consider him as a starter Imo cause jmd was in love with jimmy 

Being this closed-minded as a HC is a huge red flag.  You either adapt or die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Where did you read this? Sounds made up to me. The Broncos paid him 10 mil. Raiders offered him less. And Stidham is close with Davis Webb who is the Broncos QB coach.

Stop trying to make something more out of it. It was financial. Granted in hindsight, he'd probably be better starting here than Jimmy G.

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where did you read this? Sounds made up to me. The Broncos paid him 10 mil. Raiders offered him less. And Stidham is close with Davis Webb who is the Broncos QB coach.

Stop trying to make something more out of it. It was financial. Granted in hindsight, he'd probably be better starting here than Jimmy G.

I had the link back when it happened I can’t find it now.

if jmd saw stiddy as a option at starting qb you think they approached the situation as such?

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I had the link back when it happened I can’t find it now.

if jmd saw stiddy as a option at starting qb you think they approached the situation as such?

Well no and that was the problem. They offered him backup money and Denver offered more backup money.

Nobody was offering him starter money.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don't remember that, specifically, but I'm sure Jarrett lost a lot of respect for McDaniels when he "announced" him the starter. 

Before a snap was even taken, McDaniels basically said "Yeah, he's starting. We're not optimistic and if he sucks, it's not our fault". Something something delusions of grandeur. 

A real full-throated endorsement of the guy, I'd say. Nothing like promoting your new starting QB like saying he's excited but you're not holding your breath, am I right?

I have serious doubts Stidham had any intention of playing for Josh after that. Basically got thrown under the bus prematurely before he even threw a pass just so McDaniels could have a fall guy just in case.

Edited by ronjon1990

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Very strange 

We had an extension offer to Stidham.  He chose to go FA once Davis Webb retired to be named DEN QBs coach and took a larger back up offer. They were childhood friends 

Our side probably thought, why should we pay him starter money (comparable to Mayfield) when he hasn’t really accomplished much in the NFL 

In hindsight , our offense would be better with Stidham as he had a bigger arm than Jimmy G  and was more willingness to move outside the pocket than Carr. 

• Like 1