Dame traded to Milwaukee

sdrawkcab321

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Cap/tax relief.  It doesnt allow them to sign anyone but it lowers the tax they pay.  It also makes it easier to move salary if they chose to because 36M in 4 players is easier to move to a team than 1 guy.  It gives them more flexibility at a minimum and saves them a bunch of luxury tax money next year.  So it doesn't greatly help the team in that way but it does help the franchise which is why they did it.  But at the same time they got depth back that can help the current constructed roster better than Ayton will. 

i think nurkic having to actually play hurts the team more than grayson being the backup SF helps

also the suns had solid depth. eric gordon, kbd and yuta coming off the bench at wing is perfectly fine. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I disagree.  Ayton quit on the team and wasn't being utilized anyways.  They have depth and a solid replacement at C.  I honestly think all three teams won on this deal which is pretty rare.  

Dude Nurkic is garbage at this point. Injuries have derailed him. The best player they got in the trade plays the same position as two of their best players already. They added no defense in this trade.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Then trade him for something better than a broken down Nurkic who's played 153 of a possible 328 games the past 4 seasons, a shooter in Grayson Allen that is a defensive liability (the Suns already have loads of shooting, they need defense, and he plays the same position as Beal/Booker), injury prone Nassir Little who has had season ending injuries in 3 of his first 4 seasons, and Keon Johnson who is on his 3rd team in 3 years. The Suns got absolutely destroyed in this trade. 

Huge Portland fan. Watch every game. Nurk plays well when......he's healthy, and/or when he wants to. Good luck. 

Ok this is my overall thoughts on the Dame trade after doing more reading:

Bucks - So Dame should be fine playing with the Bucks since it was said that him and Giannis wanted to play with each other. At that point in time neither wanted to leave their team to go to the other team. So now that Dame wanted out of Portland, yes he wanted to go to Miami, I also think he definitely wouldnt mind playing with Giannis. I think its a smart trade for the Bucks. Basically they swapped out Jrue for Dame. They lose a great defender in Jrue to matchup on guards but they gain a guy in Dame who will hit big time shots from anywhere on the court especially in clutch situations. He is a closer that can get you 50 and take over games. The load wont be all on Giannis and hopefully a healthy Middleton will be better than he was last season. Id even say manage Giannis workload as well as manage Dame workload too. Save them for the playoffs even if it cost them the 1 seed. They have the team that can go on the road and win now.

Blazers - They made out like bandits. The Heat was trying to give them scraps. They got Jrue (hopefully they will flip him for quality picks and/or players), Ayton, and unprotected 1st round picks. Imo Ayton will thrive with the Blazers like we were seeing Wiseman thrive with the Wizards after he got traded from the Warriors. So now the Blazers have two young guys to build around in Ayton and Henderson. Not to mention Sharpe and Simons. So their future is very bright and couldnt be a little of now than just waiting for a long rebuild. It wouldnt shock me if the Blazers are heavy in the play in race this season as they build back into being a serious playoff contender in the West.

Suns - They got depth while getting rid of a guy who really didnt want to be there. Now I worry about defense with the Suns. They will literally have to outscore teams every night. That could be dangerous if you are relying on KD, Booker, and Beal to win in shootouts. Hoping they stay healthy bc if one gets hurt then it puts pressure on the other two even more to play real heavy minutes and score at an even more insane pace to win games. 

Overall - I think if relatively healthy the Bucks and the Nuggets should be the NBA Finals matchup. Yes I give the Nuggets the edge over the Suns. I think the Bucks won the trade bc they get a hungry Dame. He could be to the Bucks what Garnett was to the Celtics. The Blazers won long term bc they got Ayton who is extremely talented and he got a fresh start and should be motivated to prove who he really is and not how people looked at him with the Suns. Not to mention those picks, the asset with Jrue, and the other young pieces they have. The Suns got depth but I felt like they gave away a nice piece in Ayton. I truly think one day we will look back at the Suns giving away Ayton and the Warriors giving away Wiseman a bigger deals than most are currently thinking now bc of how stacked both teams are with superstars and stars. 

• Like 1

If the Heat get Jrue I think oddly they will have done well. And I can imagine a world where they get Jrue and in the playoffs Jrue slow down Dame and the Heat either straight up beat the Bucks or push them to a Game 7 where the Bucks barely escape. So Im hoping the Heat get Jrue bc that will be so interesting especially come playoffs if we see a Bucks v Heat matchup.

52 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If the Heat get Jrue I think oddly they will have done well. And I can imagine a world where they get Jrue and in the playoffs Jrue slow down Dame and the Heat either straight up beat the Bucks or push them to a Game 7 where the Bucks barely escape. So Im hoping the Heat get Jrue bc that will be so interesting especially come playoffs if we see a Bucks v Heat matchup.

I'd hope we could get Jrue without giving up Herro, which would make this sting a lot less. Jrue-Herro-Jimmy-Caleb-Bam would be a solid lineup. 

• Like 1