Week #4 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If you're not sure, what is there to criticize? If he sucks because he sucks, then yeah, there'd be something to criticize but by your own admission you don't really know.Β  Odds are, we aren't going to know this year.Β  If he sucks because of the injury, then what are you going to say besides they need to sit him?Β 

Β 

Let me clarify, I'm fairly sure his injury isn't so severe it should be affecting his performance to this level. What you say is he's the highest paid QB in the league and it's unacceptable for him to play at this level, you hold him accountable like we would any other highly paid guy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

What about Joe Burrow's game right now is endemic to how he plays, I.E. how is his struggling now a result of just him as a QB rather than his physical inability to drive the football.

That's tough ****, though, isn't it? You can't continually want to start and suck *** but then point to your injury.Β 

Just now, StatKing said:

Let me clarify, I'm fairly sure his injury isn't so severe it should be affecting his performance to this level. What you say is he's the highest paid QB in the league and it's unacceptable for him to play at this level, you hold him accountable like we would any other highly paid guy.

Okay but hold him accountable... for what. What is the principle driver of his struggles? Indecision? Accuracy issues? Is his platform off?Β 

On 10/1/2023 at 1:58 PM, Jameson_Neat said:

That's tough ****, though, isn't it? You can't continually want to start and suck *** but then point to your injury.Β 

The responsibility to protect Burrow lies with the Bengals. Burrow's job is to show up and try his best to play. He's doing that.

His team and medical staff are failing him.

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

What's going on with the offense? I'm not watching, but looks like woofΒ 

Carr has been off all game. His shoulder injury is clearly making him miss some easy throws. Should have just let Winston play todayΒ 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

BB went 5-11 his first season with the Pats

I went to Wiki and it's **** Vermeil. Went 4-12 in 1998 and then won in 2000 with the Rams.Β 

Pondered the mindset of "it's okay if a head coach loses a boatload the first year, they're trying to get their guys etc" and it actually leading to a title down the line. It's very rare. More often it's a sign the guy isn't itΒ 

Edit: Richard Vermeil lol

Edited by Dodo