Do you approve of Brian Flores as DC?

cconocool

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Christian Wilkins is a free agent after this year. I would be surprised if he isn't at the very top of the list of FAs that the Vikings want to bring in. Already knows the scheme and became a high end player at his position in that scheme.

And he was one of the guys I really wanted them to draft in 2019. 

Miami is in an interesting spot, salary cap wise. 

As of right now, they are $22M over the projected 2024 salary cap. Obviously they’ll create space to become compliant, but they’ve also got to find contracts for Tua, Waddle, and potentially Phillips. 

From the standpoint, I could see them letting Wilkins hit free agency. 

• Like 1

With the way, Ejiro Evero's defense is performing in Carolina with assumedly better players. I have to say Flo is doing a good job so far with a limited roster. The biggest complaint so far was his unwillingness to adjust in the Eagles game by not going for bigger linemen. They rarely play with the lead because of the turnovers.   

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 11:56 AM, JDBrocks said:

Yes. The underperformance is probably going to keep him here for another year, too.

He wasn't going to get a HC job after only one year to prove his worth in any case.  To overcome the prejudice against him by a large portion of the NFL owners, because of his lawsuit, he'll really have to overperform, and turn The Vikings' defence into a phenomenon.  That CAN'T possibly be proven in one season due to the severely weak roster condition, and owner adamant stance for less change than needed, when he took over.  He, or anyone else would need (at the very least) 2, possibly 3 seasons, to reach the astonishing results he'll need to convince the few desperate (and rebellious) owners to go against the consensus black-balling movement against him, and sign him in the face of that.  That will also depend upon how well The Vikings draft this upcoming draft, and how well Kwesi's two former draft classes develop.  I see Flores being with The Vikings, at LEAST 2 seasons, and possibly 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robb_K said:

He wasn't going to get a HC job after only one year to prove his worth in any case.  To overcome the prejudice against him by a large portion of the NFL owners, because of his lawsuit, he'll really have to overperform, and turn The Vikings' defence into a phenomenon.  That CAN'T possibly be proven in one season due to the severely weak roster condition, and owner adamant stance for less change than needed, when he took over.  He, or anyone else would need (at the very least) 2, possibly 3 seasons, to reach the astonishing results he'll need to convince the few desperate (and rebellious) owners to go against the consensus black-balling movement against him, and sign him in the face of that.  That will also depend upon how well The Vikings draft this upcoming draft, and how well Kwesi's two former draft classes develop.  I see Flores being with The Vikings, at LEAST 2 seasons, and possibly 3.

Flores was a favorite for the Arizona HC position before he accepted the Vikings' offer.

4 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

So far he is the best coach on staff.  Will probably follow the Billick, Dungy, Tomlin path.  

Only Tomlin wasn't here more than 1 year (and the other 2 were for over 4 years), however.  I do suspect he'll be here at least a couple of years, especially if they finish below .500 (which appears is going to be the case).  

Edited by swede700

35 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Only Tomlin wasn't here more than 1 year (and the other 2 were for over 4 years), however.  I do suspect he'll be here at least a couple of years, especially if they finish below .500 (which appears is going to be the case).  

They all left and won Super Bowls.  

Edited by Snake Plissken