The good, bad and fire Josh McDaniels. Dolts edition.

Totty

15 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He broke his finger late in the game. He was mediocre for the majority of the game before that point as well.

They were crushing the Raiders. They had a huge lead and were killing time on the clock for most of the 3rd and 4th quarters.

5 hours ago, Ryno said:

Wasn't actually as far out as I thought it was...

de.jpg

https://x.com/RaidersBeat/status/1710115177218154933?s=20

considering he cuts back in a lot on the sideline, this isnt as bad as a lot make it seem. 
It was bad, and deserved a flag. 

The ejection was over top. 

QBs need to be told, once there is tape of you using the sideline as a fake out, refs will be more lenient with hits OB.
There is no way thts a flag if a RB. so the ejection shouldnt happen

it was tillery so who really cares though lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ryno said:

de.jpg

Wasn’t helmet to helmet either. I appreciate the hustle imo. Even a shove and Herbert gonna flop too much momentum/adrenaline. He could’ve ran by him like the jet’s dude but you run the risk of him embarrassing you by staying inbounds. I’m ok with the flag but not the ejection 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wasn’t helmet to helmet either. I appreciate the hustle imo. Even a shove and Herbert gonna flop too much momentum/adrenaline. He could’ve ran by him like the jet’s dude but you run the risk of him embarrassing you by staying inbounds. I’m ok with the flag but not the ejection 

Wasn't it Herbert who was also getting a bit notorious for fake sliding? I don't recall but there was someone that was getting to the point they would start an exaggerated movement like they were going to start sliding only to whip it into more of a juke once the defender began pulling up. 

Frankly, I say if a QB becomes a runner past the LOS, they're a runner. The level of protection QBs are getting these days is seriously hurting the quality of defensive play. A guy a few weeks ago had a clean shot on Mahomes and literally spun around him like HE was the runner, and Mahomes went another 5 or so yards. Most pathetic thing I'd seen in a while, but I immediately understood the "why". 

Maybe it stems from going to a small-ish high school where everyone played both sides of the ball, but if these guys wanna play ball, play ball. I've seen everyday dudes at the soccer fields playing pick up ball with whoever is playing QB taking plenty of a  beating without pads only to still make it to his day job the next morning just fine. 

Are NFL QBs athletes or glassletes? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Frankly, I say if a QB becomes a runner past the LOS, they're a runner. The level of protection QBs are getting these days is seriously hurting the quality of defensive play.

Couldn’t agree more, pathetic how much protection the QBs get. 

Bring back real defence please, QBs get paid enough to take a few hits.

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wasn't it Herbert who was also getting a bit notorious for fake sliding? I don't recall but there was someone that was getting to the point they would start an exaggerated movement like they were going to start sliding only to whip it into more of a juke once the defender began pulling up. 

Frankly, I say if a QB becomes a runner past the LOS, they're a runner. The level of protection QBs are getting these days is seriously hurting the quality of defensive play. A guy a few weeks ago had a clean shot on Mahomes and literally spun around him like HE was the runner, and Mahomes went another 5 or so yards. Most pathetic thing I'd seen in a while, but I immediately understood the "why". 

Maybe it stems from going to a small-ish high school where everyone played both sides of the ball, but if these guys wanna play ball, play ball. I've seen everyday dudes at the soccer fields playing pick up ball with whoever is playing QB taking plenty of a  beating without pads only to still make it to his day job the next morning just fine. 

Are NFL QBs athletes or glassletes? 

I think that was kenny Pickett who did the fake slide thing in college but I agree 

18 hours ago, Ryno said:

de.jpg

I’m glad he did it. I think it should be allowed. If QBs want to scramble you should be able to lay down the law of getting out of bounds while it’s safe. But the league is soft and QBs are protected like new born babies. If Tillery didn’t hit him and he stayed in bounds and gained another 20 yards or scored, I would’ve been livid. The NFL is so soft these days.

• Like 4

On 10/6/2023 at 9:25 AM, Ryno said:

de.jpg

He doesn’t look far out. I was wrong to chastise Tillery (though I still don’t like him as a player).

I agree with @Jerry Tillery should have every right to hit him there. NFL has gone soft, especially on QBs. The balance is way, way too far shifted to the offence.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3