Week #5 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, I know they haven't played heavyweights per se, but did Atlanta legit improve their defense this season??? Hmm...

Absolutely. I was saying this all offseason, but no one listened to me. They went out and replaced 9 starters from last season. And the guys they brought in between Dupree, Onyemata, Campbell, Elliss, Okudah and Bates have all been fantastic for them. All replaced guys playing below average with above average (Dupree, Campbell, Elliss, Okudah) to elite (Onyemata, Bates) level play. Dee Alford and Ebiketie, even though internal improvements have been big improvements over Ogundeji and Oliver this year too. Which is huge for the team. And Grady Jarrett is playing some of the best ball of his career now that he has help up front.

F5bQwCAW4AASQyF?format=png&name=small

• Like 4

There's quite a difference between the head coaches of the Miami NFL/NCAA teams. Mike McDaniel is practically revolutionizing offensive football. The Hurricanes coach is a QB kneel down from winning, calls a running play, fumble for a turnover, gives up a touchdown and loses. That's a long way from the glory days of The U when Dolphins players would ask Hurricane players for help in getting them in the best Miami nightclubs (true story).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

but no one listened to me.

I did! Bates especially was a massive addition. Campbell for his locker room presence alone I think is making an impact.

Β 

4 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I wonder how much the no fun league is going to fine him for this lol.

Custom t-shirt made on a cricut..... $15

NFL fine... $25,000

Displaying your %$#& Dallas shirt on SNF with a 3td performance.... priceless

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, I know they haven't played heavyweights per se, but did Atlanta legit improve their defense this season??? Hmm...

They have played 3 pretty good offenses though in Detroit, Jacksonville, and Houston.Β  Even after facing us they are 6th, 10th, and 11th in offense so far through 5 games.Β 

Jags 300 total yards - 2nd lowest to KC

Texans 313 total yards - 2nd lowest to Ravens

Lions 358 total yards <-- doesn't look amazing at 1st glanceΒ  but it's the lowest anyone has held them all season so far lol.

To me though this looks alot better for the defense if you take into account that our offense has been trash for most of those games giving the other team alot more chances.Β  Β  We still sorely need a elite pass rusher on the team as it's the 1 glaring weakness we have right now. Β  Secondary has been phenomenal thoughΒ  like top 7 in passing yards allowed while the D-line is dead last in sacks for the year with 5.Β Β Β  If we could add a guaranteed legit double digit sack guy like Hunter, Bruns, etc... if one comes available i think our defense becomes a top 5 unit with how amazing our secondary is so far.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

They have played 3 pretty good offenses though in Detroit, Jacksonville, and Houston.Β  Even after facing us they are 6th, 10th, and 11th in offense so far through 5 games.Β 

Jags 300 total yards - 2nd lowest to KC

Texans 313 total yards - 2nd lowest to Ravens

Lions 358 total yards <-- doesn't look amazing at 1st glanceΒ  but it's the lowest anyone has held them all season so far lol.

To me though this looks alot better for the defense if you take into account that our offense has been trash for most of those games giving the other team alot more chances.Β  Β  We still sorely need a elite pass rusher on the team as it's the 1 glaring weakness we have right now. Β  Secondary has been phenomenal thoughΒ  like top 7 in passing yards allowed while the D-line is dead last in sacks for the year with 5.Β Β Β  If we could add a guaranteed legit double digit sack guy like Hunter, Bruns, etc... if one comes available i think our defense becomes a top 5 unit with how amazing our secondary is so far.

It’s definitely not going to be a top 10 defense or anything, but it’s going from 31 to about 16 right now which is a huge improvement. And it’s really good on 3rd and 4th down. Which matters most.Β 

49 minutes ago, scar988 said:

It’s definitely not going to be a top 10 defense or anything, but it’s going from 31 to about 16 right now which is a huge improvement. And it’s really good on 3rd and 4th down. Which matters most.Β 

Atleast through 5 games it's a top 10 defense this season :)Β Β  We are 7th in total yards and 10th in points given up per game.Β Β  But i somewhat agree if we don't find a better pass rush that we will probably drop some.Β  The Secondary can only do so much for the entire season.Β Β  If we can end up improving our pass rush though i could see us stay top 5 to 10 for the entire season.

16 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions took this from David Bloughs time at Purdue. They’ve run this for a couple seasons now. It’s funny seeing other teams run it now.Β 

Kyle Shanahan said Anthony lynn brought it to San FranciscoΒ 

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Atleast through 5 games it's a top 10 defense this season :)Β Β  We are 7th in total yards and 10th in points given up per game.Β Β  But i somewhat agree if we don't find a better pass rush that we will probably drop some.Β  The Secondary can only do so much for the entire season.Β Β  If we can end up improving our pass rush though i could see us stay top 5 to 10 for the entire season.

Hopefully the Vikings trade us Danielle Hunter at some point. He’s be the perfect premiere pass rusher.Β