Week 5 GDT: [MNF] McRaiders v Packers - The one where we need to smarten up

big_palooka

How hot is that seat getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do we feel about the McRaiders this week?

• Raiders rally, get a much needed win at "home"
    • Raiders come in unprepared and it's another nail in the coffin?
    • Just tank baby?

That whole last minute and 40 seconds was the oddest strategy I've ever seen. Everything about it was off. Every throw was to the middle of the field, not calling a timeout and losing yourself 45 seconds. Not even throwing towards Adams at all. (And only once all half?!). Like ....wtf. I swear he's outsmarting himself. Refuses any kind of common sense play calling

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

"Brandon Staley" lol

So it was all performing against poor QBs until it was a stud in Herbert, then it's the coach?

football is a team game. 
weve played a lot of struggling Os. A lot of bad QBs hold teams back, and others have bad coaches, or bad wrs etc.

ill keep explaining this. but football is not QB vs QB. 

Just now, NickButera said:

That whole last minute and 40 seconds was the oddest strategy I've ever seen. Everything about it was off. Every throw was to the middle of the field, not calling a timeout and losing yourself 45 seconds. Not even throwing towards Adams at all. (And only once all half?!). Like ....wtf. I swear he's outsmarting himself. Refuses any kind of common sense play calling

100% this. My exact thoughts 

We literally wasted 45 seconds by not calling a TO before the punt. Wtf was that?? 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

football is a team game. 
weve played a lot of struggling Os. A lot of bad QBs hold teams back, and others have bad coaches, or bad wrs etc.

ill keep explaining this. but football is not QB vs QB. 

It's Josh McDaniels' burner account, a feral creature in these parts. Just ignore it. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Outside of Buffalo, we've played some of the league's worst offenses and a team clearly held back by a HC almost as incompetent as ours. 

It's not rocket science. 

Staley doesn't call the Chargers offense. Graham's defense played them well and held Herbert in check. That was the point. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

This offense could not be any more boring. 

Get Mayer going with 2 nice catches, then don't have him on the field in the red zone? Make it make sense. 

It's like JMD just overthinks all of this. 

I'm telling you Ziegler's guys are better than JMD's coaching. Mayer has looked really good in limited time. You're scheming more touches for Deandre Carter than Adams and Mayer. Think about that.

• Like 2