John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ultimately, all of this is doomed to fail because of one simple reason:

Hue reports directly to Haslem.

Dorsey reports directly to Haslem.

DePo reports directly to Haslem.

There's no semblance of structure or hierarchy within the football leadership, and there will be miscommunication, disagreement, and innately Jimmy will take ONE side or 2 out of 3 sides, and there will be at least 1 odd man out.

There should be THIS structure:

Haslem

Optional: CEO/President who reports to Haslem

GM and VP who report to CEO/President

Head Coach who reports to GM

This is spot on, this organization if you can call it one, is a disaster just waiting to happen. It can never produce a consistent winner and is the very definition of a total mess, set up by a totally incompetent owner, who hasn't a clue on how to run a football team, not a clue!!!!

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

12 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

No offense, and I really mean that, but Darnolds comp is definitely not Big Ben, in my opinion. Ben is taller, bigger, shrugs off tacklers to extend plays, and a big arm. Darnold has an average to above average arm; many of his throws look a tick slow to me, but he has good anticipation. Id argue Baker and Rosen easily have better arms. Darnold runs around in the backfield to extend plays, but aint shrugging off guys. I can honestly say, I see no simularities between the two. Although both are caucasian.

Still love ya Bruce.

Maybe he will grow a little and thicken some?

Who is Darnold's comp, then?

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Maybe he will grow a little and thicken some?

Who is Darnold's comp, then?

Some folks will probably kill me for this, but I see Chad Pennington, pre shoulder injury. Remember now, Chad showed a lot of potential before that shoulder. A better comp might actually be a better running Bernie Kosar, the accuracy, anticipation, football IQ at young age, and unusual throwing motion. 

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Some folks will probably kill me for this, but I see Chad Pennington, pre shoulder injury. Remember now, Chad showed a lot of potential before that shoulder. A better comp might actually be a better running Bernie Kosar, the accuracy, anticipation, football IQ at young age, and unusual throwing motion. 

Far better prospect all around than Pennington.

Arm talent perhaps he compares to Kozar, but he's in another stratosphere as an athlete.

From what I've seen I liken him to Luck physically with Jameis's game tape/arm talent (i.e. sloppy decisions at times, but makes plays and has the clutch gene)

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Ok

Archived