2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

Just now, scar988 said:
12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Brian Burns not going anywhere feels like a dumb move for Carolina.

I agree. Could get 2 1s for him probably. But he's likely getting franchised this offseason.

I don't think they'd still get two 1sts like last year, but probably a 1st and a 3rd.

45 minutes ago, Soko said:

If you’re banking on getting that future comp pick, then that handcuffs you in FA. 

Also, are we sure Johnson even nets a third? JC Jackson at 5 year, $82.5M only netted a fourth. The Saints lost Terron Armstead and Marcus Williams (while adding Marcus Maye and Andy Dalton) and only netted a 7th. The Rams lost three starters off their SB team (Von Miller, SJD, and Darious Williams) and only added Allen Robinson - they couldn’t net higher than 5th rounders. 

I doubt Jaylon Johnson signs some record breaking deal that would net a future third round pick. 

Plus, CHI also still has 110M in cap space.   If they sign ANYONE in FA to a big deal, it negates the outgoing player leaving. 

SF has very little cap space.  Trading for Young and letting him walk will almost certainly net them a good pick because they can't spend big money.  CHI is in the opposite boat. 

If they let Johnson walk, chances are really good they don't get the comp pick back because of who they sign.

• Like 4