Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The offensive game plan is terrible, it’s been terrible it will continue to be terrible. The play calling sucks, it will continue suck.

I thought the play calling the last 2 weeks was much improved and it was good early in the game before Lane went out and the pocket started collapsing faster than you could say 'uncle'.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Jalen is to blame. Open your eyes. Guys are open. He's throwing the ball and making the bone headed plays. Need 8 yards yeah lemme chuck is 50 yards downfield into triple coverage lmao

The concepts are trash - we run the ball well, let’s proceed to pass it 40+ times. We haven’t been able to throw downfield all day, let’s run deep concepts. Brian Johnson sucks and needs to be fired. This offense will continue to suck. 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They had some cool ideas at the start of the game, but Lane going down turned it into an 11 year old madden offense.

Which is a fairly giant Achilles heel for a team trying to win a championship.

This. How is our RT so vital to our entire operation? I know he’s a stud, but a single OL can’t be the pillar of your offense…. Makes no sense. 

What a frustrating loss. 1st loss was always gonna hurt but this was brutal. Injuries just make it so much worse. 0 silver linings, 0!

• Like 1

I am ready for all the overreactions to start. Howie can't build a roster. Jalen Hurts is a bum. Coaching sucks. Our OL is terrible. Defense is weak. Blah, blah, blah.

We lost. We played terribly. Minus four turnovers you will lose to pretty much anyone in the NFL. It is what it is. 

We are brutally banged up now after this game. It is going to be a rough stretch, but these losses happen in the NFL. Just gotta hope we can turn it around going forward and pray our injury luck improves. But go ahead and get the overreactions out, I get it.

My main gripe with this game is we just have to play cleaner. This is exactly how we lost to Washington last year. You can't turn the ball over like that and win games. Gotta fix it starting next week. Everyone needs to be better end of story.

3 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

whatever, get the ugly loss out of the way early and get **** right for next week. Hopefully these 100 injuries aren't long term ones.

that's scheduled for next week, and then again vs Dallas, KC, Buffalo, and SF. After the SF game we should have our ugly losses out of the way.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I was told Howie's off season was perfect.  Obviously not because our depth sucks.

They were literally out there without 8 starters and ps CB's in the secondary.  All Jalen has to do is not throw a pick 6 at the end and we probably win.  What teams in the NFL can sustain that level of attrition? I'll wait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

not much discussion gonna go on here lmao. Doomerism is at an all time high right now.

We definitely have some issues that need to be worked out if we want to get back to a championship level and obviously we've been more beat up by injuries this year already than we were really all of last season, but I don't think its time to sink our heads in the sand or pout. I'd prefer to get the 1 seed, but with our upcoming schedule that's probably not likely, especially with this loss. At the end of the day we just need to be playing our best ball in the second half of the schedule and healthy going into the post season and we'll have a chance. It almost never happens that the team that lost the SB makes it back though. That just makes losing that SB with the field and the lead we had hurt that much more. 

• Like 1

Brian Johnson isn't good, but Jalen can't make anticipatory throws. He waits too long to pull the trigger too often. That being said, Brian should know this, and stop calling an offense designed for a Tanner McKee rather than a Hurts outside of the designed QB runs.

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I thought the play calling the last 2 weeks was much improved and it was good early in the game before Lane went out and the pocket started collapsing faster than you could say 'uncle'.

😂 the pass block was fine.  Jalen has to speed up his clock.  QB's don't get 5 seconds to make a decision with the ball.  He stuck today.  Flat out, nobody else really to blame but QB 1.