Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I almost forgot, thanks for this Sir Jinx-A-Lot

Technically AZ wasn't wrong, just wasn't on the side of history He/We were hoping.

Jets are now 1-12 vs the Eagles instead of 0-13!

Edited by Nabbs4u

The last time the Eagles with Jalen Hurts starting and losing a regular season game was  Washington last year.

There was and is a common theme in those loses. Uncharacteristic TO's! 

You can not as a TEAM have a -4 TO ration and expect to win. The fact the game was even that close just shows how bad the Jets offense is or how good the Eagles defense was.

Chalk this up as hopefully our WTF game from last year, 🙏 we can stop losing key starters every GD week and see if this lights a fire or becomes the norm over the next 6-8 weeks.

Schedule definitely isn't getting easier from here on out the next 2 months. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I will say this... Looking forward to rooting against the Jets the rest of the year. Saleh not being humble when he is like 10-1000 as a head coach is interesting to say the least

I was thinking the way he talks is an attempt to convince management not to fire him. He’s 14-26 so far in his 3 year career with the jets, the only thing he has right now is convincing anybody that will listen that he’s coaching under tough conditions. This is why he randomly brings up the injuries, tough schedule and sounds proud of the 3-3 record this year etc. To me it sounds like he’s begging to stay, which I think is a bit pathetic.

It’s funny because saleh was one of the guys I thought would be a good hire as a head coach, but man I’m so glad we went with sirianni instead because saleh is annoying as ****..lol

Edited by Jays3

11 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I will say this... Looking forward to rooting against the Jets the rest of the year. Saleh not being humble when he is like 10-1000 as a head coach is interesting to say the least

Dude's just trying to instill some confidence in his team that was at the top of the mountain and plummeted to the very bottom after week 1. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Dude's just trying to instill some confidence in his team that was at the top of the mountain and plummeted to the very bottom after week 1. Nothing wrong with that.

My thoughts exactly. It is annoying for us, no doubt. But he has his job on the line and trying to change the culture of the Jets of all teams. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 12:34 PM, Broadway Joe said:

It's actually on me. Sunday is my first game at the Linc ever, so it is logical that it has become a disaster waiting to happen. Now I'm going to travel thousands of km to see us get stomped. 

That's awesome dude. Hopefully we win just for that. You're gonna absolutely love it. You better leave with no voice 😂. I have all our events with no voice. Gotta give it your all

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is what u get when I am forced to make GDT's. I am only here to ruin all the good things.

Next man up do better than me!

I challenge anyone to match you 🍺 and win the next 5 matchups, anyone! Worry about game 12 when we get there if its achieved. 😎

For all the complaints about the pass heavy game script against the Jets, it was the right play against a banged up secondary, and a D Line that was stopping the run.

From the Athletic

The Eagles lost to the Jets because they had a season-high 22.7 percent of their carries stopped for no gain or a loss. In all, they were hit at or behind the line of scrimmage on 40.9 percent of their rushes, also their worst of any game this season.