Do we see another NFL dynasty in the making like the Patriots or more parity?

Championshiporbust

Depends what you define the Patriots dynasty as.

Do I see a team having a dominant 17 year run like the Patriots have had? No. The Patriots have so many things that have perfectly fallen into place for them to sustain the run of dominance that they have had in a salary cap era. This includes the GOAT Head Coach, GOAT QB, an owner who won't get too involved, division rivals that have been largely mediocre for the past 20-25 years (Especially at the QB position) and many other things.

Could I see a future team winning 3 out of 4 Super Bowl's like the Patriots did in the early 2000's and can possibly do this year? Yes. If a team can find an elite level QB, a top level head coach, have a 1-2 home run drafts and get the right amount of luck in the postseason then it is possible. But ultimately the salary cap will derail any other team from having the sustained success that the Patriots have enjoyed over the past 17 years.

21 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t really think 01-present is a dynasty. I think 01-04 was and they might be in the middle of another one right now. But I don’t think you can go a whole decade without winning a Super Bowl and call it a dynasty 

• 2 superbowl appearances, both almost went the other way

• 16-0 regular season, lost in the superbowl due to flukest play in history

• Tons of afc champ appearances

• threat to win the sb every year

Yes, I would call it a dinasty for all the years

I think we will not see another dinasty like the Patriots soon, because to repeat this again we would need a team with great qb and head coach, an owner that is not stupid/jeaulous enough to get in their way and ruin everything, playing for 2 decades in an inept divison.

The closest thing IMO was these Seahawks, but the Malcolm Butler interception ruined it. This team still did not get over this loss. That single play changed the course of the nfl dinasties.

1 hour ago, hudson3010 said:

I think we will not see another dinasty like the Patriots soon, because to repeat this again we would need a team with great qb and head coach, an owner that is not stupid/jeaulous enough to get in their way and ruin everything, playing for 2 decades in an inept divison.

The closest thing IMO was these Seahawks, but the Malcolm Butler interception ruined it. This team still did not get over this loss. That single play changed the course of the nfl dinasties.

Closest thing the Seahawks? ?

Lol not even remotely  close. Their back to back 1 and 1 will have to hold those fans over  for another 50 years. .but they won't  mind because  they'll have a new hockey and b-ball team coming.

1 hour ago, hudson3010 said:

Hmmmm....

I mean yes the Malcolm Butler interception definitely put a tarnish on how the Seahawks will be remembered, but I still don't think they win or go to a SB after that game regardless of the Butler interception or not.

The Butler interception isn't what caused them to have to pay all their players, lose other players, age their secondary and deplete their o-line. 

If you made me pick the team most likely to be the next NFL dynasty it would have to be either the Rams or Eagles. Both have young and promising QB's in addition to good Head Coaches. But even then, I doubt they ever reach near the same level of success that the Patriots have.

11 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

If you made me pick the team most likely to be the next NFL dynasty it would have to be either the Rams or Eagles. Both have young and promising QB's in addition to good Head Coaches. But even then, I doubt they ever reach near the same level of success that the Patriots have.

Rams play in a competitive division. Or at least have 1 team in the immediate future that looks to stay competitive. A lot of things have to go your way to have a run like the Pats have had. It's not simply having a great QB.

Just now, Malik said:

Rams play in a competitive division. Or at least have 1 team in the immediate future that looks to stay competitive. A lot of things have to go your way to have a run like the Pats have had. It's not simply having a great QB.

I don't think either is having the success the Pats have had.

I just think the Rams have the right infrastructure in place to potentially win several SB's with Goff and McVay. 

No, there won't be another dynasty like the Patriots for a looooong time. 

And people should remember this very topic when trying to compare them to other teams' failures and faults around the league. This point cannot be reiterated enough. 

9 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

The problem is that for at least the next 5 years both teams are stuck in a conference with Rodgers. 

Then in the Eagles case you have an issue of their division being bipolar and never going to the same team any year. The Redskins are decent and the Cowboys who will likely amp up their defense and not have the specter of Zeke's issues next year will potentially make a run. 

And the Rams have Seattle whose always going to be a big thorn in their side. That division is going to be dogfight between those two dorb5 years. 

9 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The problem is that for at least the next 5 years both teams are stuck in a conference with Rodgers. 

Then in the Eagles case you have an issue of their division being bipolar and never going to the same team any year. The Redskins are decent and the Cowboys who will likely amp up their defense and not have the specter of Zeke's issues next year will potentially make a run. 

And the Rams have Seattle whose always going to be a big thorn in their side. That division is going to be dogfight between those two dorb5 years. 

Yes that's true ! Patriots had sucess as their division are very weak. Maybe there's 1 or 2 season when the Bills, JEts or Dolphins threatened them but outside of that, there's no competition. 

So it allowed Patriots to play PO every year. 

Archived