State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

If we were to draft another QB god forbid, we sure as h3ll best to move on from vrabel. That’ll be suicidal 

My best guess is that we spend a nice chunk of money in FA, draft either an OT or a pass catcher in the top 5/10, and see what Levis has next year. If it goes poorly and the team isn’t showing signs of growth, you move on from Vrabel and get a new HC and rookie QB combo in 25.

Final thoughts for the night. 

Wish we had been able to move Derrick this offseason/before the deadline. He doesn’t deserve to be wasting the end of his time as a good/very good RB on this team and in this offense.

Huge two weeks coming up for the tank. Close with five straight against teams that will be in the middle of the playoff race, these next two against Carolina and Indy will go a long way in deciding if we are in the top 5 or in the 7 to 10 range.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Wish we had been able to move Derrick this offseason/before the deadline. He doesn’t deserve to be wasting the end of his time as a good/very good RB on this team and in this offense.

Huge two weeks coming up for the tank. Close with five straight against teams that will be in the middle of the playoff race, these next two against Carolina and Indy will go a long way in deciding if we are in the top 5 or in the 7 to 10 range.

Same. I was pro keeping him after ATL, but there’s just no point in having him on the roster anymore 

we should’ve moved him and Tanny this offseason

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Hopefully the Panthers don’t try to out-tank us.

So assuming we pick somewhere around 5 or 6.  We can probably grab Alt or Fashanu at that spot.  Both are stud prospects, though I shudder to think of us squandering Fashanu's ability by not developing him or doing dumb **** like putting him at guard.

Second round pick, take a WR.  It's a crazy good class, so whether it be a possession receiver, or a guy with speed, someone will be there.  It's looking pretty clear that Levis needs to have deep pass options available to be a viable QB, as he is now.  Improve protection and give him another option, we're good.

Spend the remaining picks on BPA.  In the fourth and fifth, if they're smart about it, TEs, RBs, IOLs, and ILBs are usually available that can come in right away and contribute, at least.  But just take the best player available at any position.

Keep Hopkins, re-sign Tart, Al-Shaair, Gibbens, and Gibson (all should be fairly cheap), and spend big money on a CB.

And for the love of god, replace our idiot OL coach.  Dwayne Ledford would be an obvious hire, if the Falcons clean house.  Or Ohio State's OL coach.  Either one seems realistically obtainable.

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So assuming we pick somewhere around 5 or 6.  We can probably grab Alt or Fashanu at that spot.  Both are stud prospects, though I shudder to think of us squandering Fashanu's ability by not developing him or doing dumb **** like putting him at guard.

Second round pick, take a WR.  It's a crazy good class, so whether it be a possession receiver, or a guy with speed, someone will be there.  It's looking pretty clear that Levis needs to have deep pass options available to be a viable QB, as he is now.  Improve protection and give him another option, we're good.

Spend the remaining picks on BPA.  In the fourth and fifth, if they're smart about it, TEs, RBs, IOLs, and ILBs are usually available that can come in right away and contribute, at least.  But just take the best player available at any position.

Keep Hopkins, re-sign Tart, Al-Shaair, Gibbens, and Gibson (all should be fairly cheap), and spend big money on a CB.

And for the love of god, replace our idiot OL coach.  Dwayne Ledford would be an obvious hire, if the Falcons clean house.  Or Ohio State's OL coach.  Either one seems realistically obtainable.

would love to see all of this, though i fear major pieces won't happen under the current staff. i'd put money on tart joining the david long jr hall of good players we let walk because of some inscrutable vrabel grudge. the dynamic between him and the coaching staff has been weird as hell this year. and getting vrabel to fire underperforming staff is like pulling teeth, so i feel relatively confident the nobody OL coach will stay. as for drafting a receiver in the second....you just never ******* know with this damn team lol, hopefully ran is more willing to live in the 2020s and actually add a downfield threat.

i'm also warming more and more on malik nabers in the 1st if we miss out on the blue chip tackles. he's got that serious speed and route running/separation ability we seriously lack but also plays physical for his size and is a great YAC guy. i think he'd be a really good fit.

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

would love to see all of this, though i fear major pieces won't happen under the current staff. i'd put money on tart joining the david long jr hall of good players we let walk because of some inscrutable vrabel grudge. the dynamic between him and the coaching staff has been weird as hell this year. and getting vrabel to fire underperforming staff is like pulling teeth, so i feel relatively confident the nobody OL coach will stay. as for drafting a receiver in the second....you just never ******* know with this damn team lol, hopefully ran is more willing to live in the 2020s and actually add a downfield threat.

i'm also warming more and more on malik nabers in the 1st if we miss out on the blue chip tackles. he's got that serious speed and route running/separation ability we seriously lack but also plays physical for his size and is a great YAC guy. i think he'd be a really good fit.

Nabors is stellar, but there are just so many WRs to like after MHJ, I don't think I'm gonna have a definitive ranking til after the combine.  I have Malik Nabors as 2 and Legette as 3 on my board right now, but there are just so many likable receivers (Odunze, Egbuka, Coleman, Mitchell).

I know everyone says it every year, but I think if the two OTs are gone, we should trade down.  I may change my mind before the season's end, but as it is, the next tier of OTs and WRs are both really hard to separate out for me.  And we could definitely use more premium picks.

But yeah, the goal on offense should be 1. increase Levis's protection and 2. give him more downfield options.  I'm not sold on Levis yet, but he's already shown more than I gave him credit for, and we need to at least see him with any help around him.

The whole team has regressed. Really looks like they’ve gave up.Hell vrabel even looks defeated. He’s coaching scared and making rookie mistakes. It should be some coaches getting fired but it won’t happen. I feel like we’ll have to give vrabel the Mularkey treatment and tell him if he doesn’t change his coaching staff we’re letting him go.

Edited by 615finest

A funny thing I noticed today, even though a lot of us have disagreements and such we are still some of the best Titans discussion place and at least somewhat knowledgeable place. A few things I heard from some coworkers today:

"It looks like Derrick Henry isn't even trying"

"They need to bring back Jeff Fisher"

And my favorite

"Jon Robinson needs to sign AJ Brown back"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

A funny thing I noticed today, even though a lot of us have disagreements and such we are still some of the best Titans discussion place and at least somewhat knowledgeable place. A few things I heard from some coworkers today:

"It looks like Derrick Henry isn't even trying"

"They need to bring back Jeff Fisher"

And my favorite

"Jon Robinson needs to sign AJ Brown back"

Yeah, the regular fans are something sometimes. lol. I live in AZ, but I have a coworker who is also a fan. The day after we traded Byard I came in asked if they saw we traded Byard and he said "who?"

• Like 2