State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

17 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It's annoying even watching Burks on the field

zero body control, zero explosiveness, zero 'dog' in him, zero hands

that deep shot literally hit him in the chest lmao. however questionable of a decision it was in double coverage the actual ball was perfect and burks just looked flailing and incompetent, per usual

I really don't understand what happened to Burks from Training Camp where all reports were that he was looking great to the actual season where he completely disappeared. I know the concussion happened and that was an unfortunate deal that probably plays a part in how he's looking now, but even before that he was MIA. Kind of a confusing deal. So much untapped potential there. Saw him make some big time plays for us last year downfield. On the surface you'd think with the way Levis attacks downfield he'd be the perfect QB for Burks to get rolling with, but he's just having a tough year all around. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I really don't understand what happened to Burks from Training Camp where all reports were that he was looking great to the actual season where he completely disappeared. I know the concussion happened and that was an unfortunate deal that probably plays a part in how he's looking now, but even before that he was MIA. Kind of a confusing deal. So much untapped potential there. Saw him make some big time plays for us last year downfield. On the surface you'd think with the way Levis attacks downfield he'd be the perfect QB for Burks to get rolling with, but he's just having a tough year all around. 

he had crazy hype from TC, but don't think he ever totally recovered from the knee injury in the joint practice vs Minny

It sucks that he's been hampered by injuries and they're out of his control. I just don't think the guy has the drive/desire to be a great NFL player. He's terrible.

42 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What are the options for backup QB to Levis next year? Doubt RT comes back to a 100% bench role and Willis is taint cheese so need someone to tutor and spot start. 

Tyrod Taylor has experience in Kelly's system and is going to be an FA. A decent option there.

51 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Tyrod Taylor has experience in Kelly's system and is going to be an FA. A decent option there.

Other than the fact we'd for sure need a 3rd QB since that dude can't stay healthy even as a backup. 🤣

But yeah, probably not a bad option. Just looking at the list for next year: Taylor, Minshew, Dobbs, Bridgewater, Mariota would all be decent options. 

11 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What are the options for backup QB to Levis next year? Doubt RT comes back to a 100% bench role and Willis is taint cheese so need someone to tutor and spot start. 

Keep Willis. It’s backup QB: literally a position that you hope does not see the field. And as one of Peyton Manning’s coaches said “Don’t plan on ****ed.”

Spend the money and draft capital elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Keep Willis. It’s backup QB: literally a position that you hope does not see the field. And as one of Peyton Manning’s coaches said “Don’t plan on ****ed.”

Spend the money and draft capital elsewhere.

I think it’s important to invest in the backup position and bring in a vet to help be a second coach for Levis. Id love a Tyrod Taylor type guy

14 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think it’s important to invest in the backup position and bring in a vet to help be a second coach for Levis. Id love a Tyrod Taylor type guy

If we’re going with the second coach route I’d rather it not be Tyrod Taylor. Wish it could be Tanny, but with how many crap QB’s there are in the league he’s most definitely going to find a starting role somewhere. 

I really think it's too soon to talk about getting rid of Treylon. It's his second year. 

The injuries are frustrating. And I think it really killed his year. 

He was a difference maker last year when on the field. We were excited to see him on the field. 

Next year if he can't stay healthy then pull the plug. But he should get one more year. 

On 11/6/2023 at 1:49 AM, TitanRedd said:

I’m perfectly fine with Tim Kelly as our HC if we were to trade vrabel to NE. He has solid work with QB’s, & his offense speaks volumes when ever he has talent to work with. Also makes sense for Levis wombat be changing offenses learning new terminology stunting his growth. 

Still good with Tim Kelly as HC?

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Still good with Tim Kelly as HC?

I would if we upgrade the OL & surround Levi’s with some weapons because this offense he’s calling is simply what vrabel wants. Any offense he’s ran as a OC in Houston was top 10 & wasn’t run 1st, I’ve seen Watson have his best yrs looking like a top 5 QB under Kelly, I’ve seen a rookie David Mills look solid & comfortable play QB. If it helps Leflur look like some Sh!t also as a OC for the titans. There you go