State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

Just now, TitanRedd said:

I would if we upgrade the OL & surround Levi’s with some weapons because this offense he’s calling is simply what vrabel wants. Any offense he’s ran as a OC in Houston was top 10 & wasn’t run 1st, I’ve seen Watson have his best yrs looking like a top 5 QB under Kelly, I’ve seen a rookie David Mills look solid & comfortable play QB. If it helps Leflur look like some Sh!t also as a OC for the titans. There you go

bet

On 12/14/2023 at 6:51 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

The problem for me is, what WR has been as dogcrap as Burks has been, and actually turned out to not be trash? It's not like we're done with him because of injuries. Even when he's on the field he looks like crap except when he's blocking.

And it’s been times he’s been flat ignored & wide open, & last week as Derek mason posted on Twitter, they were using burks as a decoy vs trying to give him the ball. I see burks now as a Corey Davis a solid #2 that’s going to thrive when we get us a solid #1 Hopkins is solid & good but definitely not the dominant WR he use to be 

Nothing matters until the OL is fixed. We can’t evaluate a QB with this OL. We can’t really evaluate an OC with this OL. The limitations that are placed on the QB and OC because of the OL then make it far more more difficult to evaluate any of the other skill players. 

We need to sign a good, starting WR in FA so we can use our first two picks on either two tackles or a tackle and a center. It’s that simple. All year I’ve dreamt of MHJ, but even if we were to luck back in to the top five and he was on the board, it just doesn’t matter. It needs to be OL.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nothing matters until the OL is fixed. We can’t evaluate a QB with this OL. We can’t really evaluate an OC with this OL. The limitations that are placed on the QB and OC because of the OL then make it far more more difficult to evaluate any of the other skill players. 

We need to sign a good, starting WR in FA so we can use our first two picks on either two tackles or a tackle and a center. It’s that simple. All year I’ve dreamt of MHJ, but even if we were to luck back in to the top five and he was on the board, it just doesn’t matter. It needs to be OL.

Totally agree. Between the lack of push in the run game and nearly getting Levis killed, yesterday's performance was all time disgusting. We have enough proof at this point, that when given time Levis looks as good as any QB, even with our current WR group. The top priority needs to be fixing this OL. Whether that's sending a blank check Mike Munchak's way, using our top picks on OL, spending money on a guy like Connor Williams. Whatever it takes to fix this. 

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

skoronski has had back-to-back horrendous weeks after it looked like he was finding his groove. tremendously disappointing.

Listening to Ramon Foster talk, he says rookie struggles like that are expected. 

For comparison. According to PFF (for what it's worth): 
Paris Johnson has allowed 8 sacks and 11 penalties. 
Peter has allowed 3 sacks and 1 penalty. 
Darnell Wright 7 sacks 10 penalties. 
Anton Harrison 5 sacks 6 penalties
Brodrick Jones 3 sacks 2 penalties

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was very wrong on Levis, but I feel vindicated on saying Skoronski was fool's gold.

Is he tho?
I disagree that he is fool's gold. He isn't an All-Pro. Can you define what fool's gold means to you? I don't want to assume. 

Posting this again:
According to PFF,

Paris Johnson has allowed 8 sacks and 11 penalties. 
Peter has allowed 3 sacks and 1 penalty. 
Darnell Wright 7 sacks 10 penalties. 
Anton Harrison 5 sacks 6 penalties
Brodrick Jones 3 sacks 2 penalties

Edited by KingTitan

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Is he tho?
I disagree that he is fool's gold. He isn't an All-Pro. Can you define what fool's gold means to you? I don't want to assume. 

He's been a mediocre guard this season.  You draft a guard in the high first round, you expect them to walk on as a plus guard.  He just hasn't been that.  He's had good games, but he's also had some really, really bad games, and mostly has looked OK.  Hasn't been the dominant run blocker he was supposed to be, and has been bullied in pass blocking as well.

He's not as good as he was expected to be, by pretty much every talking head that had an opinion, and he hasn't played up to his draft slot.

The Rams have gotten better play out of Avila, and the Falcons and Bills have gotten comparable play from Torrence and Bergeron, who were all second round picks.

• Like 1

OL might be the hardest position in football to come into the nfl and be a plus starter right away- we see guys who end up being really, really good pros struggle all the time during their rookie year. skoronski could be great next year. having said that, part of the selling point for skoronski was that was extremely pro ready and would walk in and be a plus starter right away. that hasn’t happened at all.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He's been a mediocre guard this season.  You draft a guard in the high first round, you expect them to walk on as a plus guard.  He just hasn't been that.  He's had good games, but he's also had some really, really bad games, and mostly has looked OK.  Hasn't been the dominant run blocker he was supposed to be, and has been bullied in pass blocking as well.

He's not as good as he was expected to be, by pretty much every talking head that had an opinion, and he hasn't played up to his draft slot.

The Rams have gotten better play out of Avila, and the Falcons and Bills have gotten comparable play from Torrence and Bergeron, who were all second round picks.

This is why I'm against taking lineman in the 1st round period. You can often find very comparable players later on. Judging by the numbers, people would have hated Paris Johnson's performance this year, given how much a favorite he was on the forum. 

I'm no PFF supporter, but it supports Peter a little LOL so I'm going to use it right now.  Skron isn't bad. He isn't flawless still think he should have been tried as an OT. He is switching positions and there is a learning curve regardless for most rookies.

I think he has been average to slightly above at times, with last two weeks of struggle. 

But, yeah. I guess he was built to be the most ready. I think he is ready but has had stumbles. The surgery. The mess surrounding him. Then normal rookie struggles. 

43 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You telling the truth but partially telling it, why has he been a mediocre guard 🤔 I don’t know maybe the fact he had his appendix removed lost a substantial amount of weight & strength in the season & we expect him to be some super human over night come back to form. He’s going to be an all pro I’ve seen way more good than bad out of him for a rookie playing next to a LB playing C.