Week 7: {5-1} Dolphins @ {5-1} Eagles Kelly Green Edition

Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, aussie_eagle said:

Pretty sure Hurts has a knee injury. If they win the next 2 over Washington and Dallas I think he will get surgery after the Dallas game in the bye week and miss the Chiefs and Bills games (no tiebreaker implications) and then be back for the 49ers game.

Usually in season surgery is season ending

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Disagree.  That's like saying just because Hurts was able to throw several deep balls last year after hurting his shoulder,  it wasn't that serious. 

If indeed something ankle, knee, leg related is injured, that can effect his overall footwork within and outside of the pocket throwing the ball as well.

Not making excuses but something is clearly off with some of these throws/TO's he simply doesn't normally do?

And he does not look explosive as a runner.  I saw Mahomes, Minshew and several other non running QB's run for 1st downs yesterday and looked more explosive than Hurts doing it.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And he does not look explosive as a runner.  I saw Mahomes, Minshew and several other non running QB's run for 1st downs yesterday and looked more explosive than Hurts doing it.

Also seems to effect him on the real quick change of direction type plays. We don’t see as many jukes from him as we have in previous years. This might be something that also effects his footwork inside the pocket which could lead to poor throws.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don’t think whatever it is can be that big of a deal. He is still making plays with his feet week in and week out. Legit if he just stopped with the dumb turnovers he would be playing great. 

If Jalen can just get back to protecting the ball again we will be in great shape as we get healthier. 

More than anything last year that felt like Hurts' superpower to me. He just never hurt the team by protecting the ball so well. Maybe it was just luck, but hopefully he can get back to that level.

Also, nice to see Barnett doing some things at least run defense wise even though he offers close to nothing pass rush wise lol. Hopefully Nolan can start eating into his pass rush snaps and they just put Barnett out there when its likely a run.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy