BDL 2023 Week 7: Singapore Sentinels @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

MD4L

Who Wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2023 at 04:00 AM

What a fun game. A few things pushing me to the surprising Singapore: better depth, the experience advantage of Kirk Cousins, and while I think there's a bit too much Taysom Hill touching the ball in this game, it is something I don't think Berlin is ready for.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 7:09 PM, MD4L said:

former in-country rival

Nice throwback here.

I really like the 12 formation for Singapore. I wish they would have fielded more often to be honest but I get it's hard to trust Waller week-to-week. Unfortunately, not having a true center really hurts especially against that interior DL. I don't think they find a lot of consistency from the running game or the long passing game, but I do really like both Waller and LaPorta here.

On the other side, love Berlin offense. It's young for sure, but there's a lot to like there. Burford shouldn't start in BDL sure, but I don't think Singapore has the DL to take advantage for it. Berlin takes it in style, 34-17

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Another team without a center really swings this to Berlin for me

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Nice throwback here.

I really like the 12 formation for Singapore. I wish they would have fielded more often to be honest but I get it's hard to trust Waller week-to-week. Unfortunately, not having a true center really hurts especially against that interior DL. I don't think they find a lot of consistency from the running game or the long passing game, but I do really like both Waller and LaPorta here.

On the other side, love Berlin offense. It's young for sure, but there's a lot to like there. Burford shouldn't start in BDL sure, but I don't think Singapore has the DL to take advantage for it. Berlin takes it in style, 34-17

Yes.  Evan Brown inactive.  Totally knew that.

• Like 1

This is a fun game. I think we might have a potential playoff preview here.

I can’t decide on whether having no starting Center is here is the bigger difference maker than Singapore’s pass rush going against Berlin’s IOL.

I think Berlin made a mistake putting St. Juste on Adams. Banks or Witherspoon would have been find.

Berlin absolutely called Singapore’s offensive strategy. I actually think using screen passes against an aggressive nickel like Witherspoon is difficult because he absolutely blows plays like that up regularly so far in his career.

This is definitely a defensive struggle. Both QBs will have modest stat lines but I feel like both teams will have made a statement with their defensive showing this week.

Who earns the vote? I need more time to decide.

• Like 1

This one was difficult. I highlighted this as my game of the week and it took me down to the wire to vote. There were ultimately some personnel issues that I think hurt Singapore in otherwise a very good plan. There was no preparation for Allen being out, also precautionary with DeVonta as WR 5 but even if he did play he was mentioned as just depth. This is a very close game and a playoff caliber matchup for sure. 

22 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This one was difficult. I highlighted this as my game of the week and it took me down to the wire to vote. There were ultimately some personnel issues that I think hurt Singapore in otherwise a very good plan. There was no preparation for Allen being out, also precautionary with DeVonta as WR 5 but even if he did play he was mentioned as just depth. This is a very close game and a playoff caliber matchup for sure. 

Um Brian Allen hasn't played all year.