2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Sheesh man I hope he is ok

Is this his 2nd time getting this same injury?

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

KD still looks great but he’s playing big minutes with the other injuries.  You know where this is heading.

He's playing the same minutes as LeBron and ppl thought he was on a minutes limit. 

36 minutes is pretty standard for the best player on a team

More box score observations:

Scottie Barnes is currently rly the most improved player in the NBA right now. Guess his second year was just a sophomore slump like Tatum's was.

LaMelo had the worst shooting stats in the league right now so I'm sure the hot takes are coming

Edited by redsoxsuck05

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

But he always was a pretty good defender, so how does that impact his MIP potential?

You cannot compare the jump numbers wise for Cam Thomas vs Brooks.

its more downplaying the fact that there is more to just scoring the ball.  Obviously both players wont continue this play but we all knew Thomas can score the ball and he dont offer anything else.  Brooks offensive production is pretty surprising given his history on that end.  Apparently he worked on his jump shot this offseason and the improvements is showing so far.

17 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Wemby is going to be the best player in the league in like 12 months.

When he gets a mental grasp for the league, he is going to be downright scary.  He really locks in late, too, so you can see that killer instinct is there.  His 4th quarter splits have been really impressive, but he seems to kind of sleep walk through 2 and 3.  They go to him on the first possession, but then he goes kind of passive until the 4th, it seems.  Once he is comfortable with being the man, and becomes more assertive throughout the majority of the night, the whole league is going to be on notice. 

I'd like to see them get a pg that keeps him engaged, or just go back to starting Tre.  This pg by commitee with Sochan and Vassell, or whatever they're doing, can't be the longterm play.  I don't know about him and Collins together for so many minutes, if Collins isn't knocking down shots away from the rim.  Might be better off with Cedi starting, if they aren't going to start a traditional PG.  Fun team to watch, with some interesting pieces to figure out how they fit together.  They've been my main watch with the Wizards being so miserable for me to watch.  I like Branham's shot creation ability as a 2nd unit scorer, too, and Vassell is really rounding out into a nice player.  Vassell looks like a fringe all star.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Is this his 2nd time getting this same injury?

He's playing the same minutes as LeBron and ppl thought he was on a minutes limit. 

36 minutes is pretty standard for the best player on a team

I mean LeBron's been in two overtime games which have skewed the minutes a bit....but yeah, the minutes limit has pretty much gone out the door after the first game. Maybe if they start games better and playing better, it will go back down but 34-36 is going to be where it's at for both Bron and KD.